Engine repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine repair

Hello everybody, I think I need to repair My 259 engine, its burning oil little bit, and smoks, is there any mechanic in los angeles area who is working on studebakers?
    Thank you

It smokes? When? All the time or just on startup? These are things a mechanic will ask to address your concerns. Bill Oliver in Long Beach (his ad is in Turning Wheels) 562-435-3782 or Orange County Studebaker in Placentia 714-572-3777.
    59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
    60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
    61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
    62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
    62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
    62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
    63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
    63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
    64 Zip Van
    66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
    66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

A compression test and a leakdown test will tell much about the degree of wear. The good news is many Stude V8s just need new valve stem seals to stop the worst of the "smoks".

jack vines
      PackardV8

Comment

Thanks for rspond, it smoks on a starup and during fast idoling, i think when it change the gear.

Comment

"Wayne's Engines" in Riverside worked out great for me. I had them do the machine work on a couple of 352 engines; one in the late 1980s, and one in the late 2990s. They also do total rebuilds. They are like KFC, they just do engines, but they do them right. However, I am pretty sure you'd have to remove the engine and take it to them. Odds are, if you take the car to a "Studebaker shop" they will remove the engine, and take it to an engine shop somewhere such as Wayne's. The labor to remove and re-install then engine is quite expensive. So if you can do that part, you will be dollars ahead, and be able to deal first hand, with the facility that will actually do the work.
          Just my two cents.
          Joe H

Comment

Did Joe Hall say in the late 2990 that makes me 1050 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by Warren Webb View Post
              It smokes? When? All the time or just on startup? These are things a mechanic will ask to address your concerns. Bill Oliver in Long Beach (his ad is in Turning Wheels) 562-435-3782 or Orange County Studebaker in Placentia 714-572-3777.
              Warren, tell me you're joking - a place called ' Placentia' !
              Matt
              Brisbane
              Australia
              sigpic

Visit my Blog: http://www.mattsoilyrag.blogspot.com.au/

Comment

Working...
              X