Sunday gathering video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday gathering video

Okay, here's a much better quality version of the video I shot yesterday at the Care Center in Seattle.
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Those Studes sure lit up their eyes! Don Kelstrom writes:
    "Several of the folks in the home had good Studebaker stories to tell. One bought a 1932 Studebaker from Paddock Motors in Everett and his father had owned a 1924 Light Six Touring. Another bought a 1935 Dictator and picked it up in South Bend and drove it to Spokane going 30 mph to start the break in and finally travelling at 50mph.
    Another had a 1936 Dictator with overdrive and said he pegged the
    speedometer going downhill. The folks at the home really enjoyed seeing all the cars--15 total."

Western Washington, USA

What a nice thing to do for the old folks, Tom. Good turnout and nice Studes, too.

Chris Pile
    The Studebaker Special
    Midway Chapter SDC
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

What a nice thing to do for the old folks, Tom. Good turnout and nice Studes, too.

Chris Pile
      The Studebaker Special
      Midway Chapter SDC
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

I agree, Tom. This was a good and kind use of your club's resources. Folks who have almost run their race and are nearing the finish line deserve to have a good time looking at our Studebakers. I think more clubs should duplicate your actions.

Thank you, Bob Feaganes

[img=left]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/stude53/studesmall2.jpg[/img=left]Bob Feaganes (stude53)
        53 Starliner Hardtop
        Newton Grove, NC

Comment

I agree, Tom. This was a good and kind use of your club's resources. Folks who have almost run their race and are nearing the finish line deserve to have a good time looking at our Studebakers. I think more clubs should duplicate your actions.

Thank you, Bob Feaganes

[img=left]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/stude53/studesmall2.jpg[/img=left]Bob Feaganes (stude53)
          53 Starliner Hardtop
          Newton Grove, NC

Comment

Thanks guys!
            I hope other chapters will consider setting up a Stude visit to a nearby rest home. Everybody benefits and instead of the usual assortment of mouth-breathers who tell you Ferd made those engines, the old timers share their Studebaker stories and appreciate your being there. Personally, I felt we really did something good, if only for a handfull of people.

Western Washington, USA

Comment

Thanks guys!
              I hope other chapters will consider setting up a Stude visit to a nearby rest home. Everybody benefits and instead of the usual assortment of mouth-breathers who tell you Ferd made those engines, the old timers share their Studebaker stories and appreciate your being there. Personally, I felt we really did something good, if only for a handfull of people.

Western Washington, USA

Comment

Thank you for that Tom. I'm still not home yet so couldn't attend. I heard about Ted and this visit from Walt Thompson. Finally went to mass in the Basilica at Notre Dame this trip, and when I came out there was Walt. What a surprise.

Dwain G.
                Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Thank you for that Tom. I'm still not home yet so couldn't attend. I heard about Ted and this visit from Walt Thompson. Finally went to mass in the Basilica at Notre Dame this trip, and when I came out there was Walt. What a surprise.

Dwain G.
                  Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Working...
                  X