No announcement yet.

A significant Studebaker that you may not know even existed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"...by Beth MarlerWe went to visit the Packard Museum in Dayton, Ohio on April 30, 2013. What should I find nestled in amongst all the Packards, but a Studebaker prototype 2 seater sports car that was never made."

This car was not a "Studebaker prototype", but rather a personal car made by a designer working for Bourke/Loewy for his personal use.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
      Keep in mind that this car and the '49-'50 Ford were designed by people from the same design group at about the same time.
      And considering the Studebaker bullet nose, clearly there was something in the styling water cooler those years. The other obvious feel to the car is the transition from the late 40s Studebaker body line styling, imo. It's an interesting looking car. That custom dash and steering column treatment grows on me the more I look at it.

Being a sunny state resident, that clear bubble top makes my bald head break out in sweat rivulets and my sere scalp in melanomae.

Comment

Originally posted by LeoH View Post
        And considering the Studebaker bullet nose, clearly there was something in the styling water cooler those years. .
        Namely: Robert Bourke
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Great Stuff ! I would love to read the article you have on page 76 of your photobucket called "retrospect"
          My 1st car. "A TRANSTAR"

Starliner
          sigpic
          Somewhere between Culture and Agriculture
          in the Geographic center of Tennessee

Comment

Working...
          X