RacingStudebakers Website Moved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RacingStudebakers Website Moved

Yeah... Well, since we were having more "old server" problems, I finally beat my ISP up enough until they moved RacingStudebakers, (lock, stock and barrel), to their "newest" server. The new IP address is now 199.204.248.109. However, a move like this is actually a pretty big deal. The move needs time to "propagate across the internet". Meaning, all servers do not "refresh" their cache at the same time, or even the same days. Therefore, depending upon when your ISP and/or the servers on your path to the racing website refresh their cache, you may not be able to access, (see), RacingStudebakers.com. It usually takes about 12 to 24 hours to finish, but could actually be a tad longer.

Once again, I thank you all for your great patience while we try to enhance your experience and upgrade the service at RacingStudebakers. I really appreciate it!
    Sonny
    http://RacingStudebakers.com

Thanks for the heads up, Sonny!
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Excellent, Sonny. Good move. Hopefully, this will make the site less vulnerable to hacking! <GGG> BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Thanks for the data. I really enjoy your site!
        1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Awryte Sonny, thanx!
          I was mighty confused until now, I thought "Why me? Why now something AGAIN?..." & so on...
          Nox.

Comment

Two days with no Racing Studebaker posts. I'm getting withdrawal symptoms.

Let us know who/when able to get back on.

jack vines
            PackardV8

Comment

Ditto!....................

Originally posted by PackardV8 View Post
              Two days with no Racing Studebaker posts. I'm getting withdrawal symptoms.
              Let us know who/when able to get back on.
              jack vines
              HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Doh Fiddlesticks! Guess that means I'll have to get this trainwreck, er project rolling without the forum and catch up with my thread later! May it come back soon, hopefully with all of its parts intact!
                1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
                1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
                1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
                1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

Just to be sure , will our existing Bookmark/Favorite still work when this is completed?
                  Bill H
                  Daytona Beach
                  SDC member since 1970
                  Owner of The Skeeter Hawk .

Comment

Its not a DNS problem, because racingstudebakers.com resolves to 199.204.248.109... the problem is that the new machine that they have set up doesn't have any of your content on it!

Comment

Originally posted by prepare2win View Post
                      Its not a DNS problem, because racingstudebakers.com resolves to 199.204.248.109... the problem is that the new machine that they have set up doesn't have any of your content on it!
                      Most recent reply to another of my support tickets, complaining that it is taking much too long to "propagate"....

My ISP answer was;

"Sorry about that, it looks like the domain was resolving to another server. I've removed the DNS from that server, at it should only take a couple of hours for it to resolve correctly."

There you have it, ANOTHER flub... I'm actively looking for a completely new ISP...
                      Sonny

Comment

Sonny,
                        Thanks for all the hard work keeping the Racing Sight going. Love hanging out there too!

Gordon S

Comment

Well they have changed something, and racingstudebakers.com now resolves to 199.204.248.102... but neither .102 or .109 seem to have any of your site content there.

Comment

Originally posted by prepare2win View Post
                            Well they have changed something, and racingstudebakers.com now resolves to 199.204.248.102... but neither .102 or .109 seem to have any of your site content there.
                            Yep, I see that. Grrrrrr........
                            Sonny

Comment

All up and running BEAUTIFUL at 9:00PM EDST Thursday....
                              HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Working...
                              X