No announcement yet.

Studebaker parts and service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, if they are providing poor service, I'd like to know here. But, I agree that enough has probably been said to this point. Deal with them directly. On the surface it appears that their price and quality of work are way out of line. Let us know how they handle this situation.

Comment

That place used to be "Rick & Bill's" Stude parts & service. Rick bailed in the late 1990s. Bill asked me to join him around 2000 when I was retiring from the Marine Corp, but I was Kentucky bound. They were a typical SoCal business; high overhead forced them to charge quite a bit, but as expected for SoCal. I seriously doubt Bill is still doing any of the work himself, but he was a heck of a mechanic & fabricator back in the day, and as honest as the day is long. Likely he has folks working for him that are parts changers. (Most of know there's a difference between mechanics & parts changers.)

Comment

Although it's good for us to hear about service experiences - good or bad - there's a fine line here. Forum Rules state:

Personal issues with vendors or other members are not to be discussed on this Forum. Doing so may result in the discussion being locked or deleted at the administrator's or moderator's discretion.
        With that in mind, Kevin, please continue to try to work things out with Bill and let us know what the resolution is when it's over and done with. As 41Frank noted above, you may have recourse with the SDC - you might want to contact Bob Hallgren as he suggested. But let's not beat it to death here.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by showbizkid View Post
          Although it's good for us to hear about service experiences - good or bad - there's a fine line here. Forum Rules state:

With that in mind, Kevin, please continue to try to work things out with Bill and let us know what the resolution is when it's over and done with. As 41Frank noted above, you may have recourse with the SDC - you might want to contact Bob Hallgren as he suggested. But let's not beat it to death here.
          You're right. I'm sorry for venting and I guess that I'm not so great about hiding my frustration at this point.

Comment

I had a SBC 400 rebuilt in the Chicago land area last Spring. That rebuild was 6 K plus. I had a lot of work done on the car also, so the bill was well over that. A ticking noise developed in the motor after a couple hundred miles so it was back to the shop. They took everything apart, put it back together and its been purring since. The shop stood behind their work and did not charge for the extra tear down and rebuild. I don't consider 6 K for a rebuild out of the norm around a major metro area. Away from the cities, I'm sure that the cost is probably much less.
            sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

I wasn't saying there was a difference between six thousand and 6K, just that I couldn't believe you paid six thousand for a engine rebuild.

Comment

Working...
              X