No announcement yet.

Nice '56 President, a bit overpriced???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice '56 President, a bit overpriced???

Hi
    A '56 President sedan for sale, your comments on asking price?

Looks like that nicely restored one that showed at Ohama last year and was recently on Ebay.......hope he likes it, I think he'll have it for a while.....!

Steve

quote:Originally posted by 56H-Y6

Hi

Looks like that nicely restored one that showed at Ohama last year and was recently on Ebay.......hope he likes it, I think he'll have it for a while.....!

Steve
    Indeed he/she will, Steve. The 1956 President sedan (also not a Classic, just a straight 4-door sedan) offered by Ed Reynolds at Studebaker International for $10,500 would be a much better buy...you'd have over $100,000 change! BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 56H-Y6

Hi

Steve
      Indeed he/she will, Steve. The 1956 President sedan (also not a Classic, just a straight 4-door sedan) offered by Ed Reynolds at Studebaker International for $10,500 would be a much better buy...you'd have over $100,000 change! BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Just a wee bit pricey...eh?

Comment

Just a wee bit pricey...eh?

Comment

I believe the $115,000 is just a typo. Should be $15,000. IIRC that's about what it sold for in Omaha, and bid just short of that when it was on eBay. I thought the one for sale at South Bend was very nice...but not as nice as this car. $15,000 doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Comment

I believe the $115,000 is just a typo. Should be $15,000. IIRC that's about what it sold for in Omaha, and bid just short of that when it was on eBay. I thought the one for sale at South Bend was very nice...but not as nice as this car. $15,000 doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

Dick Steinkamp
              Bellingham, WA

Comment

If you delve into the add closely you will see he as a goodly # of parts for sale also & has a list with a photo of what appears 2-B a rebuilt V/8.Might be worth giving him a call,one never knows what treasures he may have.

Comment

If you delve into the add closely you will see he as a goodly # of parts for sale also & has a list with a photo of what appears 2-B a rebuilt V/8.Might be worth giving him a call,one never knows what treasures he may have.

Comment

Wow! I didn't realize that the Canadian dollar had lost so much value! Must be worth about a U.S. dime then?!
                    "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Wow! I didn't realize that the Canadian dollar had lost so much value! Must be worth about a U.S. dime then?!
                      "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Has the exchange rate change?

1950 Champion business coupe

Comment

Has the exchange rate change?

1950 Champion business coupe

Comment

As of yesterday, one Canadian dollar was worth $.940379 U.S. I like to use www.x-rates.com). That is a long ways from when I was buying tractors up north and the Canadian dollar was worth 65 cents.

Comment

As of yesterday, one Canadian dollar was worth $.940379 U.S. I like to use www.x-rates.com). That is a long ways from when I was buying tractors up north and the Canadian dollar was worth 65 cents.

Comment

Working...
                              X