Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tail end of a C/K car going to scrapper on Monday unless?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tail end of a C/K car going to scrapper on Monday unless?????

The trailer is loaded with the 2 63 body's and some other old sheet metal hoods, with more to go in this week end, there is one full rear clip from a Speedster and it has some rust on the under side but the weather strip lips and floor are good was holding on to it for a transplant but no longer,might if I have time to cut the channels out and the corners as they will not take up much room to store, I have a very nice short bed from a 59 "C" cab but the floor is full of holes and would need to be replaced, next week I plan on filling it with heavy parts blocks, heads, cranks, flywheels, clutches, and haul it off scrap is up right now . here are a few pictures of the rear clip.

Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Would have killed for that piece a year ago!
    Goood Roads
    Brian
    Brian Woods
    woodysrods@shaw.ca
    1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

To: candbstudebakers,------------ Don't You hate landlords??????

Comment

There's a yard near Fresno (Turner Auto Wrecking) where they welcome old cars and still sell (and ship) parts of them around the globe. Their prices are robbery by CASO standards, but it's a better fate than the alternative. Especially with the way the fate of these parts is developing in a world where China's burgeoning economy is driving scrap prices.

BTW, Bob - I'm not suggesting you drive to Fresno to be noble here. Just sayin'.
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscomacaw View Post
          There's a yard near Fresno (Turner Auto Wrecking) where they welcome old cars and still sell (and ship) parts of them around the globe. Their prices are robbery by CASO standards, but it's a better fate than the alternative. Especially with the way the fate of these parts is developing in a world where China's burgeoning economy is driving scrap prices.

BTW, Bob - I'm not suggesting you drive to Fresno to be noble here. Just sayin'.
          Bob I know. what will be will be.
          Candbstudebakers
          Castro Valley,
          California

Comment

You say you are going to scrap a pickup bed trailer; is that the white one you posted a picture of a week ago or so? Are the fenders on it in pretty good shape? Are you going to pull them off and save them?
            I would hate to see a nice set of fenders scrapped.
            TDITS The Dude In The Stude

Comment

No I never said I was going to scrap a stude trailer, I have a blue one that is rather nice, stock wheels and good fenders, no tail gate at this time, but I do have one or two, but some beds might be going soon.
              Candbstudebakers
              Castro Valley,
              California

Comment

Working...
              X