Stude Wagon in "Warren Buffett's Jewelry Store" Ad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by comatus View Post
    I reckon Matt's got the smoothest pick-up technique yet devised: get a whole bunch of guys from your dad's age up to your granddad's age all thinking you're indispensable and an Ace Dude, and sooner or later some of them will turn out to have daughters. Not fast, but effective as all get-out.
    now why didn't i think of that!!! any "grandads" out there have any available daughters? i'm looking for a new "ms. corvanti"...
    Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

While there was a wagon like that in the eastern Nebraska area not long ago, I don't know who owned it and it did not have those high dollar wheels on it last I saw a picture of it. Main reason I suspect the clip was shot at another location is the fact that it does not appear to be a recent Nebraska license tag. Looks similar to a Montana tag in some ways. Nebraska tags are now alpha numerical and the historical (collector) plates have a 5 digit number with no dashes. In the past the 59 would have indicated Sarpy county or the Bellevue area around Offutt AFB. On the other hand tags can be made up,they do it for the movies all the time. Probably more info than anyone wants! I did sit at the next table over from Warren Buffett once at his favorite local steakhouse. Also have been in that jewelry store but could not affort anything there. Oh wait....I did buy my wife's diamond ring there.
      Originally posted by 58PackardWagon View Post
      Frank or Denny do you know the car?
      Last edited by 41 Frank; 01-15-2012, 04:13 PM.
      Frank van Doorn
      Omaha, Ne.
      1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
      1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
      1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Originally posted by comatus View Post
        I think the "moral" of the Borsheim's story here is that one of their diamonds and a Studebaker will get you 'way farther than the Studebaker alone.
        Well- I've got more then one Studebaker and a '58 Packard!!!
        There's no way a ring is gonna be in the picture with all that goin' on...

maybe that explains why I am still single???

Then again- getting a job is more of a priority for me at this time.
        Last edited by StudeDave57; 01-15-2012, 05:38 PM. Reason: added info
        StudeDave '57
        US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
        SDC Member since 1985

past President
        Whatcom County Chapter SDC
        San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
        San Diego Chapter SDC
        North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment