Studebaker literature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker literature

What can you tell me about the printing of *1. The Antique Studebaker Review. I aquired some that are dated 1979 to 1992, it looks like they were put out six times a year. *2. Studebaker Service bullitins 53A, 54A, 55A, 56A, 57A, from 1931. *3. The Studebaker Wheel, Winter 1977-78 Vol.1 No.1, Editor Richard Quinn, how long of a production did it have? Thanks for any help.
    Tom
    sigpic

The Studebaker Wheel by Richard Quinn was a one time only issue.
    The Antique Studebaker Review is printed 6 times a year.
    The Antique Studebaker Club web site has pictures of all the covers.

Last edited by Gary1953; 12-23-2011, 09:53 AM.
    Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO

Comment

I guess I don't understand what the question is WRT the Service Bulletins. The series began in the 1920s (don't have access to my collection at the moment) and continued through number 368 in October 1962, when they were superceded by an expanded series of Service Letters, each of which was devoted to a single subject.
      Skip Lackie

Comment

Thanks Gary, so was the Studebaker Wheel something that just didnt get off the ground or was it only meant to be a one time publication?
        Skip, just wondering if it was a monthly publication or was printed only when problems arose that needed addressed in the service field.
        Tom
        sigpic

Comment

I believe Richard Quinn's Studebaker Wheel was intended to be a quarterly pub, and was gonna be on better-quality paper than TW with color photos (this was at a time that TW had (at best) a two-color cover and no color inside). My recollection is that SDC encounered one of its periodic budget crises, and the board cancelled subequent issues. Richard may want to add more details.

The Service Bulletins may have been monthly in the early days, but in later years, about 8 or 10 a year were printed. They varied in size from just 4 pages to 16 or even 24 pages per issue. Most covered a variety of issues, though some focused on a single subject.
          Skip Lackie

Comment

Skip is correct re the Studebaker Wheel of 1977. There is a little more to the story but at this point 35 years later it is not really important.

I have a complete collection of the Service Bulletins from 1926 thru 1962. I covered this topic in a rather comprehensive Turning Wheels Almanac column of Feb 1999.
            Richard Quinn
            Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Working...
            X