Interior differences between '56 Sky & Golden Hawks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior differences between '56 Sky & Golden Hawks

Other than the optional vacuum gauge, tach, and padded dash on the Sky and the standard vac/pres gauge, tach and padded dash on the Golden, were there any other interior diffences? Things like steering wheel, horn ring, molded armrests, window cranks, door handles, headliner and bows, trim around glass, etc. Many Thanks, Dan

Dan,
    The only interior differences between the Sky and Golden had to do with differences in the cloth fabric patterns, door panel layout and the mylar. The mylar used in the GH was metallic gold with a little diamond pattern (if I remember correctly) versus a metallic silver with a little square pattern to the mylar in the Sky Hawks. As a side note, the gold mylar tended to fade to silver. Also the door and side panel layout for the two tone vinyl were different and so was the thin stainless trim shape that separated these vinyl pattern. Otherwise everything else you mentioned is correct, the steering wheel, horn ring, molded armrests, window cranks, door handles, headliner and bows, trim around glass, etc. are all the same.

Comment

Golden Hawk:

Sky Hawk:

Craig

Comment

There is no evidence to indicate 56Js ever had gold Mylar inserts on the door panels and rear seat side panels. All the Mylars were silver in color and had a small squares pattern.
        Bill L.
        1962 GT Hawk

Comment

The speedometers were different between the two models.

Comment

The shift indicator would also be different for the twin-ultramatic. Also the trans filler hole would be in a slightly different location.
            Bez Auto Alchemy
            573-318-8948
            http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by bezhawk View Post
              The shift indicator would also be different for the twin-ultramatic.
              Yep, that is somewhat visible in the above photos.

Craig

Comment

Folks always say they admire the dashboard of a '55 Speedster...and I do too. But to Me, Studebaker REALLY got it right when they designed the 'full dash' on the '56 Golden/Sky Hawks.....BEAUTIFUL!!

Comment

Originally posted by CarCrosswordDan View Post
                  Other than the optional vacuum gauge, tach, and padded dash on the Sky and the standard vac/pres gauge, tach and padded dash on the Golden, were there any other interior diffences? Things like steering wheel, horn ring, molded armrests, window cranks, door handles, headliner and bows, trim around glass, etc. Many Thanks, Dan
                  I could be wrong, but I did not know of a "vacuum gauge option" on a Skyhawk, although many were added later.
                  JDP Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by JDP View Post
                    I could be wrong, but I did not know of a "vacuum gauge option" on a Skyhawk, although many were added later.
                    I was thinking exactly the same thing when I read that.

Comment

Working...
                    X