Scotsman models

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scotsman models

A previous thread about '58 toys got me thinking. Were there ever any models or promos built of '57-'58 Scotsman's, and/or '58-'59 trucks? I've never seen one, but haven't exactly been looking.
    Chris Dresbach

Really, what kid would want a stripper model? Ah... Toy Car that is!
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

The general rule when it comes to toy cars is that they make the most popular cars, and the toy manufacturers do so over and over again. Corvettes, Mustangs, 57 Chevy's.

Comment

I bought a resin c-cab that actually has a Scottsman grill instead of the R series grill.
        Jon Stalnaker
        Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Here is mine. It is a resin kit. Our son built this for me. Dusty
          Attached Files

Dusty Taylor

Comment

Your son does nice work!!!
            1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Actually, the Brooklin company does, on occasion, produce the odd car now and then. So, hope springs eternal. Maybe they'll come out with a Scotsman model in the future.
              Rog
              '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
              Smithtown,NY
              Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Chris: The Toy List shows only three examples.

58-205 1958 Scotsman 1/2 ton pu - STS Details, USA, 1/25th resin kit
                58-206 1958 Scotsman 1/2 ton stake bed - STS Details, USA, 1/25th resin kit
                59-203 1959 4E2 Scotsman 1/2 ton pu - Shrock Bros, USA, 1/72nd built model

I don't know if STS is still in business. I have not seen any ads for awhile. Shrock Bros - they're still kickin'

stupak

Comment

STS is not making models any longer. The Flamed 1958 scotsman started as one of his kits (very rough kits)

Comment

Working...
                  X