Old Work Buddy & Stude Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Work Buddy & Stude Story

Betty and I went to eat at I-Hop yesterday and I seen a old work buddy. We used to share rides back in the 70ds when the gas crunch was going on. He quite and started his own machine shop. He ask me what I have been doing and I said playing with my Studebakers. He said what happened to the bullet nose that I used to drive to work. He was shocked to find out that I was still driving it. He said nobody is suppose to drive a car for 30 plus years.

Some of us get attached to our cars and other people trade theirs in so often they can't remember what they're driving.
    I am still having trouble believing that after 40 years I sold my 52. I'm sure I'll wish I had it back at some time, but it was time to move on. The guy who bought it was real excited to get it and paid more than I thought any one would in its present condition.
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

They never forget you were "a Studebaker man," do they, Carl? BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
      X