Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1954 Conestoga Dlx.Cammander parts/info needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I replaceed the floors in my 56 2 dr wagon and the cost of the floors alone were $800.00 before any labor. So yea the shipping hurts but look at it this way, if you paid $1000.00 for the car in your home town and had to replace the floors (being from Ohio, I know they would have needed replaced) you would have abut the same in the car and would have put 20-30 hrs in the replacement (also I would assume with the floor rust comes other rust repair). And that assumes you could do it yourself. No you did the right thing. Good Luck.

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
    Remember, \"When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done.\"

Comment

I replaceed the floors in my 56 2 dr wagon and the cost of the floors alone were $800.00 before any labor. So yea the shipping hurts but look at it this way, if you paid $1000.00 for the car in your home town and had to replace the floors (being from Ohio, I know they would have needed replaced) you would have abut the same in the car and would have put 20-30 hrs in the replacement (also I would assume with the floor rust comes other rust repair). And that assumes you could do it yourself. No you did the right thing. Good Luck.

Comment

The address to the Conestoga registry is -

Theres a hand full of us. Not always busy, but there's a few there to help.

They're fun cars. They seem to get noticed most anywhere you go. Though mine gets more attention at non-Stude events! No idea why...a rare car is a rare car no matter where you drive it.
        And as the others have noted, "most" all Conestoga stuff is similar to the 53 to 55 sedans rather than the C/K cars.

Also, I don't recall the floors for my 54 costing even near $1000.

Mike

Comment

The address to the Conestoga registry is -

Theres a hand full of us. Not always busy, but there's a few there to help.

They're fun cars. They seem to get noticed most anywhere you go. Though mine gets more attention at non-Stude events! No idea why...a rare car is a rare car no matter where you drive it.
          And as the others have noted, "most" all Conestoga stuff is similar to the 53 to 55 sedans rather than the C/K cars.

Also, I don't recall the floors for my 54 costing even near $1000.

Mike

Comment

Here is my breakdown from CE. Floor pans $480.00, rockers $170.00, shipping $85.00, Total $735.00. Mine was so rusted I had to add to these with some extra sheet matal at a cost of $40.00. I guess I rounded up a little and forgot the rockers.

Comment

Here is my breakdown from CE. Floor pans $480.00, rockers $170.00, shipping $85.00, Total $735.00. Mine was so rusted I had to add to these with some extra sheet matal at a cost of $40.00. I guess I rounded up a little and forgot the rockers.

Comment

I would suggest you did very well on the wagon, I just purchased one for 1600.00 with weak floors , but an excellent front end, grill bumpers and fenders and all excellent shape , I actually offered 1000.00 for the wagon you bought when he wanted 2000.00 for it , at that time he said he would never go less than 2M , you did good .

Comment

I would suggest you did very well on the wagon, I just purchased one for 1600.00 with weak floors , but an excellent front end, grill bumpers and fenders and all excellent shape , I actually offered 1000.00 for the wagon you bought when he wanted 2000.00 for it , at that time he said he would never go less than 2M , you did good .

Comment

There were 11,774 1954 Conestoga wagons built, both Champion and Commander. Which model is yours (Champion is six and Commander is V-8)? In either case, it sounds like you got a good deal.

Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

There were 11,774 1954 Conestoga wagons built, both Champion and Commander. Which model is yours (Champion is six and Commander is V-8)? In either case, it sounds like you got a good deal.

Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Gary..where did you get those build figures?

Seems a tad high per the numbers I've read in different locations.

Jimmy -
                        In any case...it's good to hear the floors are good in your car. My 54 (my 54 is the blue one on the Conestoga site) and the 55 Conestoga I just bought ($600) are in need of replacement. Been cleanin the 55 all morning. The cleaner it gets...the overall better it looks. It's light years better than the 54 I paid "much" more money for! I'll use the 54 to fix the things on the 55. If done right...I should have a very clean body, chassis between the two cars. Then to find a.....Chevy to make it into a daily driver. Paint will come later.

Mike

Comment

Gary..where did you get those build figures?

Seems a tad high per the numbers I've read in different locations.

Jimmy -
                          In any case...it's good to hear the floors are good in your car. My 54 (my 54 is the blue one on the Conestoga site) and the 55 Conestoga I just bought ($600) are in need of replacement. Been cleanin the 55 all morning. The cleaner it gets...the overall better it looks. It's light years better than the 54 I paid "much" more money for! I'll use the 54 to fix the things on the 55. If done right...I should have a very clean body, chassis between the two cars. Then to find a.....Chevy to make it into a daily driver. Paint will come later.

Mike

Comment

I got the production figure from Dick Langworth's book. He shows 11,774 for 1954 and 11,685 for 1955. I don't have Fred Fox's figures from his feature article in TW handy. What does Fred say?

Gary L.
                            Wappinger, NY

Gary L.
                            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

I got the production figure from Dick Langworth's book. He shows 11,774 for 1954 and 11,685 for 1955. I don't have Fred Fox's figures from his feature article in TW handy. What does Fred say?

Gary L.
                              Wappinger, NY

Gary L.
                              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Congratulations on snagging that one. I almost hit the "buy it now" myself just because it was a great price for a very desireable model, but I managed to exercise restraint.

Most of the parts on that car are shared by the sedans, which is good because sedan parts are usually cheaper and easier to find. Although the grills and hood ornaments look the same, they are different. I think the bumpers & headlight rims are the same as the C/K(coupe/hardtop) cars, but that's about it. You might be lucky enough to find a C/K owner who bought sedan parts by mistake, and would be anxious to unload.

Good luck on your project.

Steve Hudson
                                The Dalles, Oregon
                                1937 Dictator Streetrod
                                1949 "GMOBaker" 1-T Dually
                                1953 Commander Convertible
                                1954 Champion Coupe

Steve Hudson
                                The Dalles, Oregon
                                1949 \"GMOBaker\" 1-T Dually (workhorse)
                                1953 Commander Convertible (show & go)
                                1953 "Studacudallac" (project)

Comment

Working...
                                X