Studes in Roadside Americana photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aarrggh View Post
    Found it, that was the Baldwin Hills Dam and it failed on December 14, 1963 and if this video is to be believed it's the first American disaster ever broadcast live.

Jeff DeWitt
    http://carolinastudes.net

Comment

• Couple more pics with Studes from the original thread, now at almost 500 pages!

Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
      Romans 15:13
      Deuteronomy 31:6
      Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

• Comment

• Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

• Is that a Conestoga?

Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

• Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
                Is that a Conestoga?

Sure. What wouldn't it be, Bob?

Any idea where that was taken? BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                  Sure. What wouldn't it be, Bob?

Any idea where that was taken? BP
                  No idea, I took it from the Station Wagon Forum. As with most pictures in that thread, there is no caption/description.

I think you meant 'Why', right? The angle, distance, and snow across the nose was just enough to make me wonder...
                  Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
                    No idea, I took it from the Station Wagon Forum. As with most pictures in that thread, there is no caption/description.

I think you meant 'Why', right? The angle, distance, and snow across the nose was just enough to make me wonder...

Oops, yeah; why. (Hey, it's 6AM and the coffee is still brewing! <GGG>) BP
                    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• I sure enjoy the history in these.

Is the woody in #127 a Chevrolet? A friend has a Chevrolet in pieces and might like to see this photo. His is a 1948 woody.
                      Perry
                      \'50 Business Champion
                      \'50 Starlight Champion
                      \'60 Lark Convertible,
                      \'63 GT R1,
                      \'67 Triumph TR4A

Comment

• While I like the woody in post #127, I love the '57 and back VW oval window in the corner...nice. I am imagining it as a '54 and back with semiphores on the door post.....wher is that drool emoticon....aahhhahhaha

Comment

• Comment

• I love these photos! It really makes one appreciate how few Studebakers, compared to the big three, were actually out there on the road.

Comment

• Comment

• Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Working...
                                X