Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Originally posted by Studedude View Post
      The Studebaker in the foreground has a 1960 Nova Scotia license plate. The '60 plates were validated for 1961 with a sticker at the top centre of the windshield, which this car appears to have.
      Last edited by Greenstude; 04-02-2013, 09:37 AM.
      Bill Jarvis

Comment

• And its got 2 rear view mirrors on the door . wacky ..... ^ ^ ^

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	scan0022.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	1679640
          1951 Land Cruiser in front of Indianapolis home, Fall 1951
          Ed Sallia
          Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

• Originally posted by JRoberts View Post

"[B][SIZE=2][COLOR=#006699]On October 2, 1939, Clara Thorsen is receiving the title from an unidentified member of the Ray Roberts Post 969 VFW for the new 1939 Studebaker Champion that she won. On winning, Miss Thorsen confided to the members that she is to be married the following month to Earl Heltsley, a driver for the Municipal Belt Bus Line. The pair will use the new vehicle to take a honeymoon trip to California. Allen Motor Co. building in background. Studebaker logo on storefront windows. Miss Thorsen is 24 years old .[/I]
            Clara passed away in 2011 - the widow of husband, Earl.
            No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Studedude View Post
              I thought it was the Maritimes. Some interesting cars in the photo (other than the Studebaker ). Besides the Anglia behind the Lark, there is a Bedford van, a Taunus 17M station wagon, a Morris Oxford, an Austin Cambrian and a Vauxhall Victor station wagon. I'm curious as to what was happening in the photo. There is a traffic jam of cars coming toward the camera and not many going away. Being a black and white photo it is hard to tell, but the RCMP officer does not appear to be wearing the ceremonial red serge jacket, even though he is wearing the dress uniform pants and riding boots. It is more likely the brown service jacket.

Terry

Comment

"On October 2, 1939, Clara Thorsen is receiving the title from an unidentified member of the Ray Roberts Post 969 VFW for the new 1939 Studebaker Champion that she won. On winning, Miss Thorsen confided to the members that she is to be married the following month to Earl Heltsley, a driver for the Municipal Belt Bus Line. The pair will use the new vehicle to take a honeymoon trip to California. Allen Motor Co. building in background. Studebaker logo on storefront windows. Miss Thorsen is 24 years old and resides at 3623 McKinley Ave. She is a clerk at Fishers Department Store."

Caption from the Tacoma Times October 5, 1939. It was found on line at the Tacoma Public Library archives. The picture was sound there as well, but I found it on the H.A.M.B. .
                Gee, the only personal info we don't have on Miss Thorsen is her Social Security number. Wonder why they don't do that any more?????????
                KURTRUK
                (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

"On October 2, 1939, Clara Thorsen is receiving the title from an unidentified member of the Ray Roberts Post 969 VFW for the new 1939 Studebaker Champion that she won. On winning, Miss Thorsen confided to the members that she is to be married the following month to Earl Heltsley, a driver for the Municipal Belt Bus Line. The pair will use the new vehicle to take a honeymoon trip to California. Allen Motor Co. building in background. Studebaker logo on storefront windows. Miss Thorsen is 24 years old and resides at 3623 McKinley Ave. She is a clerk at Fishers Department Store."

Caption from the Tacoma Times October 5, 1939. It was found on line at the Tacoma Public Library archives. The picture was sound there as well, but I found it on the H.A.M.B. .
                  Here's a trunk handle plate from the same Allen Motors, Tacoma. This was from my Grandma's '52, bought new at Allen, but in a new building by then.

Comment

• Is this a Studebaker?

The black car first in line on the right hand side of the street---Is this a Stude? The way the roof and the trunk come together reminds me of a '39-42 Champion. Have I missed the boat on this one?

Last edited by JRoberts; 04-05-2013, 04:10 AM.
                    Joe Roberts
                    '61 R1 Champ
                    '65 Cruiser
                    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

• page 38 deserves a 38 . .

Comment

• PA Turnpike photo:

Comment

• And another...

Comment

• Joe Roberts
                            '61 R1 Champ
                            '65 Cruiser
                            Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

The black car first in line on the right hand side of the street---Is this a Stude? The way the roof and the trunk come together reminds me of a '39-42 Champion. Have I missed the boat on this one?

The shape looks right, but I don't think Studebakers had the hinges on the outside of the deck lid.
                              "In the heart of Arkansas."
                              Searcy, Arkansas
                              1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                              1952 2R pickup

Comment

Late 30's or early 40's Buick or Oldsmobile.

Terry

Comment

Working...
                                X