1950 “California” Studebaker Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1950 “California” Studebaker Coupe

Older restoration Champion 2 door " all stock BODY" ....NO RUST!

flathead six 3 speed overdrive ... older restoration.... incorrect interior ... runs and drives great

$7,500 916-764-0700 Folsom CA

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
    Last edited by Starlite51; 10-10-2011, 10:58 AM.
    John
    Folsom CA

"Lone Dog ... No Woof"

www.cruisinnews.com

www.SacramentoSwapMeet.com

With that interior, I would hesitate to call it "all stock." For the life of me I can never figure out why interiors are so often done in configurations, patterns, and fabrics that are nowhere near original.
    RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
    4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
    5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

With that interior, I would hesitate to call it "all stock." For the life of me I can never figure out why interiors are so often done in configurations, patterns, and fabrics that are nowhere near original.
      I corrected the post --- sorry -- STOCK BODY --- not a concours restoration

.. has a incorrect interior ---and newer "air" in the tires ( hard to find 1950 air for the tires )
      John
      Folsom CA

"Lone Dog ... No Woof"

www.cruisinnews.com

Comment

Looks like a pretty nice car - all in all. I'd drive it!
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

John,

Would you like me to put an ad in Hawk Talks? I just sent out the October issue so it will be a while before it gets out.
          Jon Stalnaker
          Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Originally posted by Starlite51 View Post
            I corrected the post --- sorry -- STOCK BODY --- not a concours restoration

.. has a incorrect interior ---and newer "air" in the tires ( hard to find 1950 air for the tires )
            A nice looking car. [and I do love the "newer 'air'" comment ]
            Joe Roberts
            '61 R1 Champ
            '65 Cruiser
            Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

thanks Jon
              I guess it wouldn't hurt ----it comes out on Sat on the radio show and in the Nov Cruisin News .. I thought I'd offer it here first to the real Stude guys

I sold the 62 GT Hawk and the 49 pick up on the radio show ...

all that is left is the Hot Rod tubbed 50 coupe sitting on the S10 frame (and the 46 Hudson PU which is not for sale)
              too little space and too little time left ..
              John
              Folsom CA

"Lone Dog ... No Woof"

www.cruisinnews.com

Comment

Looks like original color would have been Maui Blue or Surf Gray. Headliner installation in progress?
                The '50-'51 bullet-nose Starlights seem to be the quintessential image of Studebaker to those not closely familiar to the marque. They are attention getters!
                Brad Johnson,
                SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

These are the cars to buy! They are coming up more and more often due to the economy and the high average age of Studebaker owners.
                  You can't buy a rusty one and start restoring it for anywhere close to that amount.
                  Smart Buy!
                  Good Roads
                  Brian
                  Brian Woods
                  woodysrods@shaw.ca
                  1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Where WIXS filters stock? John did you get that 49 truck running bfore it sold?

Comment

Where WIXS filters stock? John did you get that 49 truck running bfore it sold?
                      the oil filter is an add on ..and it's position interfears with the stock hood rod storage ..
                      ----------------
                      nope never got the 49 PU running.. sold it to a nice young guy working in Africa as a geologist for a gold mining operation out of Canada .. he lives in Reno NV 3 months out of the year .. carries an AK47 while on the job in Africa .. that '49 was the nicest -straightest - original unmolested Stude truck- I have ever seen -- I am assisting the buyer with some free build advice -- Volare clip - with a Mopar roller 360 should be a sweet heart when done --

I also have a buyer for coming my "Cheetz and Chong" Dodge hippie van and even sold my El Camino ... I am on a selling roll ....
                      John
                      Folsom CA

"Lone Dog ... No Woof"

www.cruisinnews.com

Comment

Working...
                      X