Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I will have an extra 1956 President 4 dr body anyone need one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All I can say is WOW!!!
    Jamie McLeod
    Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
    1958 Commander "Christine"
    1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
    1955 Commander Sedan
    1964 Champ
    1960 Lark

Comment

That looks like the car and parts lot that was in Arlington Va and appeared on ebay. Correct Joe?

Comment

Wow! is right, Joe. 'Good that you were able to score all those pieces before they found their way into a landfill. 'Looks like they were getting close. Congrats. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by studefan View Post
          That looks like the car and parts lot that was in Arlington Va and appeared on ebay. Correct Joe?
          Slight thread hijack here: I went to JR and HS in Arlington, Va. and remember maybe 2 Studebakers on the road. This was back in the 1970's.
          --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Joe-
            Thanks for posting the picture of the two door. Please get yourself some jackstands, though! Concrete blocks are NOT the thing to support a car!

Also, I will admit seeing the two door picture - I feel a bit foolish. I collect model cars, with Studebakers being a speciality. I have a 1956 Studebaker two door in my stash. Although I think it may have a slightly longer roof / rear side window. It is a resin conversion kit, that was offered by All-American Models. Just ONE of the MANY I should be building! I will take color suggestions - Any favorites? Studebaker Factory colors, only!

Drew

Comment

Yes that is the car that was on ebay. I met a genuine friend in Arlington, Va when I picked it up last week. Chuck was Dave's best friend and Dave (owner of the car I picked up) passed away with ALS Lou Gehrig Disease. It broke my heart hearing of a man that was brought home in this car when he was born to a man that was debilitated in a matter of five years. Dave was a strong energetic man that was an Electrician and loved studebakers. Apparently he had found a 2dr commander and stripped it and kept most of the parts. Dave's dad originally bought the car in 1956 and brought Dave home from the hospital in the car. Dave really wanted to restore the car due to the sentimental value it had on him. Chuck was helping Dave's wife sell the car and all the parts. He wanted the car to go to a good home. We talked a few times over the phone and made a deal and I headed out to get it. When I got there I found out that Chuck was an EMT FireFighter and was at the Pentagon after the plane flew into the building. I knew he was a good man just minutes after visiting him. I met another Studebaker enthusiast "Paul" who volunteered his winch and engine hoist to assist in loading the engines in my truck. Very nice guy as well. It was one memorable trip that I will never forget. I wanted to keep the engine together and the original heads were on Dave's Hawk that Paul bought so we headed over to Chuck's house and in the rain we pulled the heads/intake/carb off the hawk and loaded them onto the truck. Chuck told me as we were loading the truck that he knew that for someone coming all the way from Kansas to get this car and all the other stuff that it was going to a good home. I really want to restore Dave's car but I am torn... I am going to go with the best body and will try and use many of the parts off of Dave's car to let his legacy live on. Chuck also mentioned that he thinks he has a picture of Dave and the 56 president prior to him getting sick. I told him I would like to have a copy of the picture so I could frame it and hang it either in my garage or in my office to remember Dave's love for his car and the opportunity that he has given me to get two cars back on the road.

I called Chuck on 9/11 and thanked him for his dedication and sacrifice to the community and all that he has done for those in need. He is a class act and one heckuva man.... I wish I lived closer to him because I know I would be hanging out with him quite a bit. He has a 55 chevy four door he is restoring and a 1936 soft top car (not able to remember anymore of the details) that is in mint condition. Anyhow... that was a bit more of the story that you may like to have heard or not...

To answer the statement about the 2dr on blocks... No it is not on blocks.. That was taken a few years back it has since been moved and is covered and on jack stands on concrete I take the cover off frequently to let any moisture dry out and not to create condensation.

One last thing... I found some receipts clamped to the visor and were dated the year of 1970.... How crazy is that???

Okay back to building a few more shelves and moving the engines indoors. Pictures will be coming I took many since then... I think I have 4 sets of hubcaps too...

Comment

Originally posted by Joe_Studebaker_1977 View Post
                One last thing... I found some receipts clamped to the visor and were dated the year of 1970.... How crazy is that???
                While cleaning out the Wagon, I found a speeding ticket (maybe parking, cant recall) from about 1972.... My uncle wasnt sure if he ever paid it!
                1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by cultural infidel View Post
                  While cleaning out the Wagon, I found a speeding ticket (maybe parking, cant recall) from about 1972.... My uncle wasnt sure if he ever paid it!
                  That ticket should be worth a few dollars on eBay; especially if the PD who issued it is doing a tribute car, etc. from the above era.
                  --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Originally posted by 1962larksedan View Post
                    That ticket should be worth a few dollars on eBay; especially if the PD who issued it is doing a tribute car, etc. from the above era.
                    Thanks for that idea! I'll be sure to grab it next time I'm out there.
                    1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Comment

Working...
                    X