Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Superlark body trim, see alot with 62 Daytona trim.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superlark body trim, see alot with 62 Daytona trim.

Were the early cars outfitted with 62 trim. Looking back through some old TW about the superlarks almost all pics found show 62 side trim. I think only 1 had 63 trim. Do people like it better or 62 easier to get NOS or what?
    John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

57' Transtar 259 punched to 312 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

64' (Studebaker Built) Trailer Toter

John it is simplier than you are thinking! They are not modified at all. Many of these '63 "Super Larks" you are seeing like Richard Poe's and Ted Harbit's are mearly just one of the best looking Larks made that year, the top of the line 2 door Sedans, they are Lark Customs!

These "Lark Custom" cars 2 dr. AND 4 Door, used a aluminum lower trim piece similar to the '62 Daytona H/T & Convertible, BUT they are without the Gold "Daytona" nameplate, this is to distinguish a "Custom". The interiors are Night & Day better and different, even have CARPETING!

The Hamilton Ontario Canada Plant built some Wagons & Wagonaires that also used that trim.

There are also lots of "Regals" out there that are "R" powered or not, they have the straight side trim without the "Custom" trim and without the window surround mouldings.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 07-24-2011, 01:15 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Thanks Rich never thought of that I thought that was a Daytona specific trim didn't realize the "Daytona" was exempt on that trim.
      John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

Comment

Yours has the side trim.
        Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
          John it is simplier than you are thinking! They are not modified at all. Many of these '63 "Super Larks" you are seeing like Richard Poe's and Ted Harbit's are mearly just one of the best looking Larks made that year, the top of the line 2 door Sedans, they are Lark Customs!

These "Lark Custom" cars 2 dr. AND 4 Door, used a aluminum lower trim piece similar to the '62 Daytona H/T & Convertible, BUT they are without the Gold "Daytona" nameplate, this is to distinguish a "Custom". The interiors are Night & Day better and different, even have CARPETING!

There are also lots of "Regals" out there that are "R" powered or not, they have the straight side trim without the "Custom" trim and without the window surround mouldings.
          A carpet was part of the SuperLark package, so even a Regal could have had it.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
            A carpet was part of the SuperLark package, so even a Regal could have had it.Craig
            Yes, it was. I guess I was was thinking of the ordinary non-Package Larks or non-Jet Thrust Cars, which are by far the majority.

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
            Yours has the side trim.
            Actually it doesn't, we are talking about the '63 Larks which are different, and even the '63 Regal 2 Dr. rear quarter moulding will not replace a '63 Custom 2 Dr. Stainless Moulding, they have a notch-out for the Aluminum Custom trim to fit.
            Last edited by StudeRich; 07-24-2011, 05:15 PM.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Rich I think Bob is just letting me know that the superlark I bought has its trim.
              John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

Comment

Working...
              X