Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More complaining about gas prices - with pictures!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2.94 over on Germantown, in a VERY high traffic area. Mostly commercial, though some upper-middle class housing is close enough. Where I am, 2.99, 3.07, and 3.06 at the three gas stations over by the interstate (the closest ones to me). They're all right together too. [8)]

At one station, Schnucks, I have a coupon for $4 free gas. So guess where I be going next week when the tank drops to the halfway mark...

Guard: Where are you going in such a hurry?
    Gorrak the ranger: Uhhh...Gorrak have quiche in oven!!
    Guard: well hurry along.

1953 Champion 2 door Sedan
    2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LS Coupe

Comment

2.94 over on Germantown, in a VERY high traffic area. Mostly commercial, though some upper-middle class housing is close enough. Where I am, 2.99, 3.07, and 3.06 at the three gas stations over by the interstate (the closest ones to me). They're all right together too. [8)]

At one station, Schnucks, I have a coupon for $4 free gas. So guess where I be going next week when the tank drops to the halfway mark...

Guard: Where are you going in such a hurry?
      Gorrak the ranger: Uhhh...Gorrak have quiche in oven!!
      Guard: well hurry along.

1953 Champion 2 door Sedan
      2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LS Coupe

Comment

In nearby Chino Valley, it has quite a spread....at the Subway
        Sandwhich place, it is $3.06 Cash....at the Safeway fueling
        station, it is $3.09 but with your Safeway card, there is a
        3 to 10 cent discount....then going north down a couple of
        blocks it is $3.28 at one of the mini marts. As a previous
        thread has stated, it is really all the same gas. Of course
        for me, it is a "field trip", just to get the stuff. Though
        diesel...that "green stuff", is holding firm at $2.85 at Safeway
        before the discounts.

1964 Daytona
        glen Brose
        Tumbleweed Flats, AZ

Comment

In nearby Chino Valley, it has quite a spread....at the Subway
          Sandwhich place, it is $3.06 Cash....at the Safeway fueling
          station, it is $3.09 but with your Safeway card, there is a
          3 to 10 cent discount....then going north down a couple of
          blocks it is $3.28 at one of the mini marts. As a previous
          thread has stated, it is really all the same gas. Of course
          for me, it is a "field trip", just to get the stuff. Though
          diesel...that "green stuff", is holding firm at $2.85 at Safeway
          before the discounts.

1964 Daytona
          glen Brose
          Tumbleweed Flats, AZ

Comment

Its $3.59/gal here in rural poor michigan, average income here is $31,000 a year! Property goes for about a grand an acre. That blows the concept of high housing prices = higher gas.

Really hurts when one's only pickup is a 460ci w/ 3spd tranny. Don't ask me how I know!

Comment

Its $3.59/gal here in rural poor michigan, average income here is $31,000 a year! Property goes for about a grand an acre. That blows the concept of high housing prices = higher gas.

Really hurts when one's only pickup is a 460ci w/ 3spd tranny. Don't ask me how I know!

Comment

My point was that it was 10 cents cheaper in the "rich" part of town
                compared to the "poor" part of town. Regardless S.B. has the highest
                median house price in the Nation. Its freaking rediculous, the only
                good thing is I bought my house before the prices went up, it tripled
                in value in 5 years. Has dropped about 75k this past year, even still
                I could "walk away" with $300,000 cash.

Tom
                '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
                Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
                http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
                I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

My point was that it was 10 cents cheaper in the "rich" part of town
                  compared to the "poor" part of town. Regardless S.B. has the highest
                  median house price in the Nation. Its freaking rediculous, the only
                  good thing is I bought my house before the prices went up, it tripled
                  in value in 5 years. Has dropped about 75k this past year, even still
                  I could "walk away" with $300,000 cash.

Tom
                  '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
                  Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
                  http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
                  I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

Working...
                  X