Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Highlight of Hilo's 4th of July Show & Shine (Big Pics Warning)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highlight of Hilo's 4th of July Show & Shine (Big Pics Warning)

Didn't get a chance to talk with anyone who looked like he might be the owner.

Any takers?

Phew. Thought it was $1500 for the car at first then I blew up the picture to read the details.

Comment

Thanks for sharing. Been to Hilo many times and know exactly where your show was held. Hilo is one of my favorite spots on earth just to kick back and relax.

jack vines
      PackardV8

Comment

jgk940, Karen and I came over hoping we might get to meet you, (wore my Avanti racing shirt) but missed you. The 53s owner is a guy named Tony that brought it for me to look at the Cleveland and auto trans to put in my Ranchero because he is going to put a nailhead in the 53. His dad also has a Stude, 54 I think. We met another gent there that has a Hawk, a truck, a Wagonaire, (and seems like something else) named Don that used to own the Western Auto there. Still another fellow stopped us telling about his car and that his dad or family sold Studes there in Hilo. There are more Studes popping up here in Kona also.(silver Avanti, silver GT Hawk, white Lark, burgandy 54 coupe, etc.) It was a good show, sorry we missed you. Oh, we brought the old issues of Collectible Automobile that has Studebaker content in case we get together sometime. If you need Tonys or Dons names and numbers, pm me. later, John

Comment

By the way, the big guy in the huge hat in your 2nd picture is Tony who owns the 53, John

Comment

Working...
          X