Off to Carlisle in search of Studes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off to Carlisle in search of Studes!

I'll be there the next couple days with my trusty iPhone. If I see anything of real interest I'll post it, and if someone needs it I can get it for you. Got John Batka a nice truck seat last year.

Also, if anyone needs anything picked up from any of the companies vending, I'll do it and we'll get it to you.

Can't wait to pig out on my other favorite hobby
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

I figured that's why you're up so early.

Comment

Originally posted by bige View Post
      I figured that's why you're up so early.
      Yessiree! What's your excuse?
      Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Wear your boots. Gonna be very wet, at least on Thursday.
        Skip Lackie

Comment

As the kids say, You ain' lyin'! but it's ok, the sun's shining, and I've got my Severe Duty footwear, so all's cool. Took me an extra Celebrex, and awaaaay I go!
          Last edited by Bob Andrews; 04-28-2011, 08:29 AM.
          Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

I need jonker studebaker antennas from 1947 to 1958. Call me or I call you. Roy 530-320-6299

Comment

Bob,
              give me a call
              cell # 610-761-9795
              Ernie stoltzfus

Comment

Calls made!

Well, so far only 3 Studes- 53K 6 auto, very nice, $12.5K; 62 GT 289 auto, extra nice, $11.5; 63 Lark 4dr., 259 auto, decent black with front fender rust/needs rose mist seat covers, $7750(!) one NOS GT rear fender, $375 (very rare, you know).

As usual, prices for cars are... Optimistic... Currently negotiating on a 66 Impala conv., factory 327 4-speed, complete but needs it all, 69 Malibu wagon, factory 350 4-speed/AC, same condition. Doubtful on both, but havin' fun a the same!

Stopped by Skip Lackie's spot twice; hasn't moved in yet. So I peed on it. Twice. Don't tell him.

Perfect weather, not TOO much mud, and tons of car stuff. Nirvana I say!
                Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Stopped by Skip Lackie's spot twice; hasn't moved in yet. So I peed on it. Twice. Don't tell him.

Now thats funny.
                  Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
                    Calls made!
                    As usual, prices for cars are... Optimistic... Currently negotiating on a 66 Impala conv., factory 327 4-speed, complete but needs it all, 69 Malibu wagon, factory 350 4-speed/AC, same condition. Doubtful on both, but havin' fun a the same!

Go for the wagon, and I won't tell Skip!!!
                    StudeDave '57
                    US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                    SDC Member since 1985

past President
                    Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                    San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                    San Diego Chapter SDC
                    North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
                      Calls made!

Did you find a spot where it was still green? I thought we killed all the grass last year.

Didn't stop raining where I was till about 1 PM, so I stayed home. Be there Friday morning.
                      Skip Lackie

Comment

Originally posted by Skip Lackie View Post
                        Did you find a spot where it was still green? I thought we killed all the grass last year.

Didn't stop raining where I was till about 1 PM, so I stayed home. Be there Friday morning.
                        !

Skip, I was totally kidding about the pee. If there's any splash, it's completely about the rain. PA rain smells funny.
                        Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Yo Skip & Bob,
                          Enjoyed chatting with both of you.

Ernie stoltzfus
                          AKA - ErnDog

Comment

A pleasure indeed. Good to see some Stude people at the temple to the Big Three.
                            Skip Lackie

Comment

Yep, another great time at one of the Meccas of the hobby! Great time meeting up you guys!

Found the aforementioned Studes plus a 51 pickup, not too rusty but needing everything, $1900 The cream-colored 62 GT was a lovely car, and at $9900 on Sat. it was IMO a good deal.

I didn't buy any cars, but came close on a few; including a good-running, fairly solid 64 Comet wagon that said $700 or best offer! I went as far as looking up the local U-Haul, but not as far as making an offer (that was close!). I did buy a new sheet metal shrinker/stretcher from Woodward, some body panel stands, and some other bits. Also had the chicken corn soup and ham sandwich from the beautiful Dutch ladies at the Stoltzfus booth; great food plus the brightest smiles in the whole place!

Special thanks to Skip and Larry for the on-field pass for Saturday! Due to family commitments I had to hit the road about Noon; didn't want to leave Had a fabulous time, and would recommend it to anyone!
                              Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Working...
                              X