Urn Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urn Update

Well, I posted a picture of my car urn and I just got an update on the progress of my truck. This guy does good work. I can't wait to see the finished product. I didn't want to say "I'm dying to see it" under the circumstances.

Jon Stalnaker
    Karel Staple Chapter SDC

That is really really nice. He does excelleent work. That looks to be a hard medium to work in. It would be for me, unless it is bondo. But then I guess it is bondo like material. Still way beyond my capabilities!

Mark

Comment

Nice work, for sure...

After fulfilling my family 'duty' concerning urns and last wishes, I had a discussion with my better half about my last request(s)...
      When asked about my last 'request', I told the wife to do the cremation thing, and go out and fill that low spot out in the driveway.
      Makes sense to me...
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Where's the lid?

Comment

Originally posted by BobGlasscock View Post
          Where's the lid?
          The ashes go in from the bottom. There is a wooden base big enough to hold them. The cars are in tact.
          Jon Stalnaker
          Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

I do a lot of Wills for clients and some of the more unusual requests: From a lady, "I wish to be buried in my Dale Ernhart Jr., jacket"; from a trucker: "I wish to be disposed of in the cheapest way possible". Unfortunately that would be against public policy, or we'd all be waiting at the curb ?
            Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

The perfect spot for the "filled" urn would be under the Studebaker oil spot that every SDC member has in their driveway. That way you'd be in and under a Stude for eternity.
              sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

Beautiful work! Don't know how I missed the first thread.

One thought- Does not purposefullly designing an urn for yourself create undue pressure on survivors to hold onto your remains if they otherwise would rather not?

I too have requested cremation, but am requiring no special treatment of the ashes. If Linda or son Rob or someone else feels they would get comfort having my ashes around that's fine; but if they'd rather scatter them somewhere or just not ever receive them at all, great with me too. After all, what's left won't be me anyway; I'll be gone to a much better place. So it makes no nevermind to me what becomes of my temporary Earth Suit.

Now, maybe you've had this discussion and your survivors know they would want to keep your ashes around; and if they do, that's a very cool container. My cousin's wife gets much comfort daily from having his ashes with a picture of him on the piano; and that's a great thing. I just wouldn't want anyone to feel morbid or obligated over me.

Hmm... I can think of some fun places to scatter a portion of my ashes. But that would be a whole other thread
                Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                Romans 15:13
                Deuteronomy 31:6
                Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Are there two urns?

Comment

I can see Mr. Andrews' point. It may give some comfort to the "testator" but most of those types of requests are evidence of your intentions, only, and not binding on your heirs, assigns, trustees.... The pressure is psychological, but still there.
                    Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Originally posted by Sdude View Post
                      The ashes go in from the bottom. There is a wooden base big enough to hold them. The cars are in tact.
                      Does it leak like the real thing?
                      "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Comment

I thinky I know the answer to this already, but, this is going above ground?
                        1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
                        1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
                        1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
                        1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

I have a 2stroke atv that is my pride and joy and when I go I want my ashes to be mixed in the gas and everyone rides it until the tank is empty. Thats no joke I'm very serious. I want my last remaining bits to go up in a thick cloud of 2stroke smoke. I did have my dog cremated and she is resting proudly on my entertainment center.

Comment

If my children would like the urns after I'm gone, that's fine with me. If they don't, that's fine also. I'll be gone to a better place and won't care at that point. I'm having them made for me to enjoy until I'm gone.

It's a little bit of a quirky concept that is consistant with my personality. Those that truly know me know this is SOOOO me. My kids already know this about me. My wife wanted it big enough to hold her ashes too so it will be both the car and the truck. We have 8 children between us. I would think that increases the odds of someone wanting it after we're gone. If it gets tossed in the trash or stuffed in a closet, so be it.

I've tossed around ideas of what to do with my body after I'm gone and the idea of being placed in a cemetary never appealed to me. Prior to seeing these urns, I was considering having my ashes shot up over the ocean in a fireworks display. I like this idea better as it provides me with something to look at until the day, and something to freak uptight people over at the same time. I enjoy such shennanigans.
                            Jon Stalnaker
                            Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

I plan something a little different.
                              http://www.trappistcaskets.com/

I think one of the simple pine boxes in a C-Cab pick-up would be a worthy final ride.

Comment

Working...
                              X