Overpriced Stude Engines Craiglist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overpriced Stude Engines Craiglist

Wow[:0] is what went through my head. This place is one town up from where I live, but he's about a million miles off the going market price for Stude engines.
    $900 for a rusted up inline 6
    $1300 for a rusted, questionable V8

Check it out.

Best Regards,
    Eric West
    "The Speedster Kid"
    Sunny Northern California
    Where the roads don't freeze over and the heat doesn't kill you.
    And an open road is yours to have -only during non-commute rush hours 9am-4pm and 7pm to 7am (Ha, ha, ha)
    55 Speedster "Lemon/Lime" (Beautiful)
    55 President State Sedan (Rusty original, but runs great and reliable)
    Best Regards,
    Eric West
    "The Speedster Kid"
    And an open road is yours to have -only during non-commute rush hours 9am-4pm and 7pm to 7am (Ha, ha, ha)

Yeah Eric, but a guy can DREAM, can't he? That he's uninformed is evidenced by the "serial numbers" he's put up. Only the one from the replacement engine tag makes any sense. The V8 one is for sure a casting number.[:I]

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Yeah Eric, but a guy can DREAM, can't he? That he's uninformed is evidenced by the "serial numbers" he's put up. Only the one from the replacement engine tag makes any sense. The V8 one is for sure a casting number.[:I]

Miscreant adrift in
      the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

He should read the thread on this forum where people said they usually have to give away their Champion sixes. [:0]

Comment

He should read the thread on this forum where people said they usually have to give away their Champion sixes. [:0]

Comment

I can't fault him for his mistake. If I was selling old Ford or Hudson engines I'd be guessing too.

JDP/Maryland

63 GT R2
            63 Avanti R1
            63 Daytona convert-63
            63 Lark 2 door
            62 Lark 2 door
            60 Lark HT-60Hawk
            59 3E truck
            58 Starlight
            52 & 53 Starliner
            51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

I can't fault him for his mistake. If I was selling old Ford or Hudson engines I'd be guessing too.

JDP/Maryland

63 GT R2
              63 Avanti R1
              63 Daytona convert-63
              63 Lark 2 door
              62 Lark 2 door
              60 Lark HT-60Hawk
              59 3E truck
              58 Starlight
              52 & 53 Starliner
              51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

Yeah, I posted not to make fun, just really shocked. It'd be as JDP said, I'd have no idea about pricing for another make that I don't work on or is orphaned. Like this sale on craigslist, on ebay, or anywhere for overpriced Studebaker-ware, all we can do is offer advice to the owner about the reasonable price, it's up to them to accept if they want any chance of selling.

Best Regards,
                Eric West
                "The Speedster Kid"
                Best Regards,
                Eric West
                "The Speedster Kid"

Comment

Yeah, I posted not to make fun, just really shocked. It'd be as JDP said, I'd have no idea about pricing for another make that I don't work on or is orphaned. Like this sale on craigslist, on ebay, or anywhere for overpriced Studebaker-ware, all we can do is offer advice to the owner about the reasonable price, it's up to them to accept if they want any chance of selling.

Best Regards,
                  Eric West
                  "The Speedster Kid"
                  Best Regards,
                  Eric West
                  "The Speedster Kid"

Comment

I, too, would like to think that Studebaker engines are worth some money, not just scrap value.

I was told about 1 year ago that a 350 four bolt main block was worth $2K. I haven't confirmed it, but I think I'll have a look on EBay.

I understand both sides of this issue very well, and frankly the prices of Studebaker parts is still very VERY reasonable.

Comment

I, too, would like to think that Studebaker engines are worth some money, not just scrap value.

I was told about 1 year ago that a 350 four bolt main block was worth $2K. I haven't confirmed it, but I think I'll have a look on EBay.

I understand both sides of this issue very well, and frankly the prices of Studebaker parts is still very VERY reasonable.

Comment

My apologies - there are some cheap 350 engines on EBay too. (but no free ones)

Comment

My apologies - there are some cheap 350 engines on EBay too. (but no free ones)

Comment

Brand new 4 bolt main bearing 350 Chevrolet motors...complete from heads to pan are $1390.

Dick Steinkamp
                            Bellingham, WA

Comment

Brand new 4 bolt main bearing 350 Chevrolet motors...complete from heads to pan are $1390.

Dick Steinkamp
                              Bellingham, WA

Comment

Working...
                              X