Another softball spot the stude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another softball spot the stude

Looks like still some snow and melting slop about in early april of 1951 in the Minneapolis area.

Jeff in ND

Ya the good old days in Minnesota I remember them well even in 1951
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Comment

Minnesota...at night you can hear the cars rust.
      Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

Oh, huh? Sorry, during the hunt for the Studebakers I was briefly distracted by the still in use interurban rails running down the middle of the street. That's a trademark of the photos prior to the 60's of most of the pictures, especially in the smaller towns, as buses had not come into their own yet.
        1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
        1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
        1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
        1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

Look beyond the Studebaker and I believe I see a Minneapolis-Moline factory buidling. Looks to be a M-M sign above the corner doors.
          sigpic
          In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
            Look beyond the Studebaker and I believe I see a Minneapolis-Moline factory buidling. Looks to be a M-M sign above the corner doors.
            If it is, Milaca, that would account for The Steel Inn directly across the street! <GGG>

BTW, is that a prewar Hudson product behind the shoebox Ford convertible?

'Neat photo! Thanks. (As interesting as we find it to be, it's one of those photos that you wonder why it was originally taken. Any ideas?) BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Notice thr stream of water on the left, as cars go by soaking the 49 Ford Convert.
              101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Working...
              X