Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retro GT Hawk

Hi to all,
    I was on the forum the other day and saw a photo of a 'modern car' with what looked like a GT Hawk grille and front mudguards (fenders). Is this a kit or somebody's custom job? I don't know if it was in a link or a direct placement in the thread. I tried to find it again but I have had no luck, does anyone have a pic of this or a link I can follow.
    Thanks

That retro-looking design was a sketch in the topic about the "Design a New Studebaker" contest being conducted by The Studebaker National Museum. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I think that he is referring to the body shop special built on a Chrysler Sebring convertible by Shrock. It is not a kit. It is a nice custom done by a good restoration shop for their own use.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Thanks studegary, I think that"s the one. Anybody have a pic?

Comment

Thanks I found the pic, it is in the 'convertibles that never were' post.
          Merry Christmas to All

Comment

I believe this is the pic you remember, it came from this thread ...

sigpic
            John
            63R-2386
            Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Comment

That's the one, what a good looking beast!

Comment

This is the first time seeing that thread and this picture.

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
                Here's my attempt at a new Champ based on a late model Dodge Dakota. It's even keeping historical accuracy by using a Dodge box! [8D]

Brent's rootbeer racer.
                MN iron ore...it does your body good.
                I really like the looks of that. I have a 06 Dakota R/T and a Champ. That gives me some ideas on a future modification project to my Dakota. I would definitely use a Lark front bumper though.
                sigpic

J&JW Machine Co.
                Bubbaland South
                Resident Machinist

Comment

Originally posted by rustybits View Post
                  That's the one, what a good looking beast!
                  I agree but calling a Chrysler Sebring a beast is a stretch ... My daughter had a Sebring, needless to say from a quality and reliability standpoint one of Chrysler's worst models of the past 10-15 years IMHO. However, anything with the right rebuild, maintenance and attention to detail may be pretty nice. You could also build the same thing on the Sebring convertible platform as well.
                  sigpic
                  John
                  63R-2386
                  Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Comment

Working...
                  X