No announcement yet.

It's Chopped!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No need for 25 photos (yet), just post an overall 3/4 front view and 3/4 rear view....we just need to see the overall profile of the chop...that ought to satisfy our hunger for a while. This will be the first chop I've seen on a C/K with a full windshield! Thanks, Junior.
    sigpic
    1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Brian,
      resize the pics to 640x480 for internet, and if you want to save the originals use Irfanview (free)for a batch resize to 640....X send them to my pm in two shots.........ah you already knew that.......:-)
      Ian

Comment

Ya what? I can't understand half of what you guys are talking about. The word upload doesn't compute. Sorry I build cars.
        I can get my pictures from my camera to my computer because my son showed me how too insert the card in the card reader that he installed. And I can attach photos to an e-mail. Much more and I am hooped!
        And you can't really get the idea of what a 3/4" chop will look like until I can get at least one door cut. Just no time so far this week....real busy in the shop!
        Good Roads
        Brian
        Brian Woods
        woodysrods@shaw.ca
        1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Billy View Post
          Brian...I want the pics as well....one of the hanging pedal would be nice...what hardware did you use?
          Hi Bill
          I will post up or send you an e-mail of the pictures of my pedals tomorrow. (have to go out to the shop and take some first) and what are they? I will have to take a close look as I forget. Really! I went out to the barn and brought in a set I had collected from the junk yard at some point, and modified them to bolt into my hawk. I normally collect Chev truck pedals or some times Ford, but who knows where these came from?
          Brian
          Brian Woods
          woodysrods@shaw.ca

Comment

Here's some pictures of Mr.Woods Hawk!! It is pure art coming together!!!

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
            Dylan Wills
            Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
            1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
            1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
            1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Thanks Dylan! Hopefully I can get the other door done tomorrow and the door corners rounded. Then the welding begins!
              Brian
              Brian Woods
              woodysrods@shaw.ca

Comment

Sounds like fun!!
                Dylan Wills
                Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
                1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Originally posted by silverhawk View Post
                  Here's some pictures of Mr.Woods Hawk!! It is pure art coming together!!!

http://s483.photobucket.com/albums/r...0Woods%20Hawk/
                  Is it just my computer or are all the pictures too small?
                  Jerry Forrester
                  Forrester's Chrome
                  Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Forrester View Post
                    Is it just my computer or are all the pictures too small?
                    Not just you, I was wondering the same thing as well.

Comment

mine to........... maybe the pics are for a........ "mini-chop" :=_ :-)

Comment

Yes I thought that if you double clik on them the would get larger but they don't??? The originals do. I will have to check with my main man Dylan. But on a happier note , I got one door welded up today between interuptions, and the to top corners rounded. The other door is cut and ready for fitting. So far everything has gone without a snag and it basicly has been a walk in the park, and I am loving it! Just as I had hoped it would look.
                        Good Roads
                        Brian
                        Brian Woods
                        woodysrods@shaw.ca

Comment

Yep...pictures ARE small....but the cutting and welding looks like it's coming along well..

Mike

Comment

Hey guys,

Sorry about all of this, I'll try to get it sorted out ASAP!!!

( I knew I'd be better of in the garage, all this tech stuff is killin' me!!)
                            Dylan Wills
                            Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
                            1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Originally posted by woodysrods View Post
                              So far everything has gone without a snag and it basicly has been a walk in the park, and I am loving it! Just as I had hoped it would look.
                              Good Roads
                              Brian
                              Every time I make a statement like this I hit a major SNAFU, hope you don't....Brian,this chop is awesome, and you're making it look too easy. Think I'll do mine tomorrow night LOL. Love the profile shot on photo 23, but am wondering if you changed your fin style. A while back you sent me photos of fabbed metal fins that pretty much copied the original fiberglass fins with the blunt front section, now it appears you have a fin that looks more like the later years of Hawks. Just wondering. My idea of using those weird Volvo 1800 door handles was based on the blunt-end style of the original GH fins...so you must of been thinking 'WTF is this guy thinking???' Regardless, I think your top chop idea is working...uncut windshield and stock looking (one of the best traits of coupes)rear quater windows...very subtle, very cool. Regards, Junior. Oh BTW, do you still have the orginal quater panels with the radiused wheel wells???
                              sigpic
                              1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Okay Junior.I have not started on the fins for "MY Hawk" yet. The ones you see in pictures are fiberglass originals from a 56 GH. The ones you saw when you were supposed to be looking at my chop are off of Sandi's 61. We had the blasted last week and they were laying on the floor in the shop so they just got placed on there when I was talking to somebody about Studes and what my plans were.
                                And yes I do still have the radiused quarters and they are really nice.
                                My new plan is to widen the back of the car at least 2".....this is another chapter.
                                I am putting more pictures of my chop in the next post.
                                Brian
                                Last edited by woodysrods; 10-04-2010, 01:02 PM.
                                Brian Woods
                                woodysrods@shaw.ca

Comment

Working...
                                X