289 Piston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 289 Piston

I may need a piston for a 289 std. bore.
    Broke one removing 4 very stuck pistons.
    We still have to check the cyl's to see if it needs bored but if it doesn't i'll need one.
    Anyone have one if we need it?
    Will buy or trade for some NOS (if we have what you need).

I have some new .002 R1 pistons. Jim

Comment

Call Bob Helm after 6:00 p.m. central time. He has all kinds of stuff like that. His phone number is 972-843-3402.

Comment

there's a ton of NOS standard pistons around...singles too....

Comment

I probably have a good used standard bore piston in my stockpile. Does the piston have a full skirt, or is it the later slipper skirt piston? Bud

Comment

I have std & oversize pistons, rings, bearings, cranks, blocks, manifolds, etc. in stock & another good source of engine rebuilding parts, rebuilt heads, performance parts is Fairborn Studebaker in OH.

Comment

I have a standard set of 289 nos pistons in the boxes if your interested.
              THANKS

Comment

If the pistons were stuck and the block doesn't need a re-bore, it'll be the first one I've ever seen which doesn't.

(And yes, I'm one of the legion of CASOs who've done a dingle-ball hone, thrown in another used piston, some rebuilder rings and driven it another twenty thousand miles. That it can be done doesn't help make power or keep it from burning oil and more fuel.)

jack vines
                PackardV8

Comment

Working...
                X