52 Commander with dual exhaust?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 52 Commander with dual exhaust?

The "Deflector, rear bumper gravel (fastens to frame)" part #525672 has two rolled edged cut-out for tailpipes just inboard of the bumper guards and there are exhaust pipe hangers under the car where two tailpipes once hung. I have seen nothing in the Chassis, Body, Shop manuals, or in the Aug 1994 Turning Wheels article listing dual exhaust as an option. Due to the professional nature of the remains I wonder was it an option?

Never a option, maybe the sixes exit on the other side ?
    JDP Maryland

Comment

55 was the first year for duals. BTW, the 55 duals were the best (had larger tailpipes) don't know why they shrunk em the next year.
      Bez Auto Alchemy
      573-318-8948
      http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by bezhawk View Post
        55 was the first year for duals. BTW, the 55 duals were the best (had larger tailpipes) don't know why they shrunk em the next year.
        I used to buy '55 V-8 mufflers to use on Avantis- perfect fit and cheaper.
        Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
        '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Sounds like then somebody just did a real nice job of adding a second cutout in your deflector pan.
          i thought about doing the same, then just left the whole part off the car anyway.

Comment

Close together Duals

My first Studebaker I bought from the Studebaker Used Car lot at the Dealer Dad worked for, was a '52 Commander 2 dr. Sedan with the same setup, close together duals!

I have seen several that way, there must have been enough '51 Commanders out there for an aftermarket Co. to make a rear stone pan for them and the few '52's sold could also benefit from those. The '55 Olds was like that also, close together pipes.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
            X