X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ahhhhh....get it

Comment

Originally posted by Skinnys Garage View Post
      The buyers bidding history is for the last 30 days. This is the only item they bid on (3 times total) in the last 30 days, so his bidding history is 100% with this buyer. The number of feedback (40) doesn't figure in here.
      Only partially right-

The '40' means that the bidder has made 40 transactions- either bought or sold 40 items total since he joined eBay. Could be one item bought and 39 sold, vice versa, or any combination. The info shows two '100's; the main one is the 'Feedback' 100%, which means 100% of the transactions for which the other party left feedback is positive. The other 100% is just in the last 30 days- all of which is with this seller. If you look at the next-highest bidder, he shows 6465. That means he has had 6,465 transactions on eBay since he signed up. Every time you buy an item AND the seller leaves feedback, your number goes up one. Same the other way- every time you sell something and the buyer leaves feedback, up goes the number by one. If a seller or buyer leaves you a negative feedback, your percentage will drop from 100%.

Clear as mud now?
      Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
      Romans 15:13
      Deuteronomy 31:6
      Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Well, this is why they have been advertising auctions and selling camels in the town square for more than 3,000 years now.

Since there isn't likely to ever be another '58 Studebaker 4-dr sedan in a similar condition and mileage, it only takes two buyers who want it to push the selling price to twice the consensus estimate.

It is to be hoped the buyer enjoys his purchase, joins the SDC and this forum.

jack vines
        PackardV8

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
          Only partially right-

The '40' means that the bidder has made 40 transactions- either bought or sold 40 items total since he joined eBay. Could be one item bought and 39 sold, vice versa, or any combination. The info shows two '100's; the main one is the 'Feedback' 100%, which means 100% of the transactions for which the other party left feedback is positive. The other 100% is just in the last 30 days- all of which is with this seller. If you look at the next-highest bidder, he shows 6465. That means he has had 6,465 transactions on eBay since he signed up. Every time you buy an item AND the seller leaves feedback, your number goes up one. Same the other way- every time you sell something and the buyer leaves feedback, up goes the number by one. If a seller or buyer leaves you a negative feedback, your percentage will drop from 100%.

Clear as mud now?
          I'm not sure where all this feedback information comes into play, but that's not what I was explaining. If you click on the bid history, then click on the shortened username of the bidder it will show the info that I was referring to. The total number of bids placed and percent of total bids placed on any items over the last 30 days. The winning bidder has only bid on this one item in the last thirty days, so their bidding history with this seller is 100% with them. The next bidder has bid on 238 items in the last 30 days with only 1% of their 289 total bids going to this item. None of this has anything to do with their 100% feedback rating of 6466. I believe my answer cleared up jackb's question, so instead of being only partially right, I believe I was 100%.
          Skinny___'59 Lark VIII Regal____'60 Lark Marshal___

Comment

Working...
          X