No announcement yet.

Lark Parker-Needs prayers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joy & I both wish you a speedy & sucsessfull recovery and may I add that I miss your humor and wit in here!
    59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
    60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
    61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
    62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
    62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
    62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
    63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
    63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
    64 Zip Van
    66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
    66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Today may be the best day Dale has had. He was given the full dialysis and got through it with no problems.

He was offered some jello and he said he preferred orange so that's what he got and was able to eat it and as far as I know handled it fine.

If he has one more time of dialysis with no problem he may be sent back to a regular room from the intensive care room.

Barb said some of his swelling in his face and hand appeared to be a little better.

He is having some trouble operating the ipad and Coleen is writing out some instructions to help him so maybe in a day or two he will be able to operate it.

Mary Ann and I will go down tomorrow afternoon and will report tomorrow night. Sure hope to see a little improvement each day.

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts, prayers, cards, and letters. He really appreciates them and all of you.

Ted

Comment

Glad to hear Dales coming around . I sent out a card and he is in my prayers

Tony Berbig

Comment

Prayers and positive thoughts going out from here. My Dad has Wegeners, so once they figured out what the **** it was he had, he's a lot better. It is a very rare disease, so it's really fortunate that the diagnosis is in for Dale. I work in a hospital so I know what dialysis patients go thru, so extra special prayers are on their way. GOOD LUCK!
          Proud new owner of a 56 Power Hawk!

Comment

Just got home from seeing Dale. Still good news! He has not had the second full dose of dialysis today but they should give it to him tomorrow and sounds like if he handles it ok, they will move him out of intensive care.

He asked for something to eat and they offered him either chocolate or vanilla pudding and he chose vanilla. He didn't eat very much and seemed to cause him to cough and he has trouble coughing as you can imagine.

They did take one of the two tubes out of his stomach before he tried eating it. He also asked for some 2% milk and they brought him a carton and he said it was really good.

Going to take some time but he is making good progress.

We got there about 1:30 and he was watching the Brickyard 400. We watched a good part of that and toward the end he was getting pretty tired. We left just before the end of the race and he was going to get some sleep.

A LOT of the swelling in his face and left hand and arm has gone down. Don't know why just the left side was swollen so much but pretty much back to normal now.

I had noticed before during visits his blood pressure was pretty high but today at one time it was 136 over 78 but when they took the stomach tube out I noticed it was up to 148 over 87 but I don't think that's too bad for what he's going through.

He does not have the ipad figured out yet but give him time and I'm sure he will.

That's about all for now.

(Dave, there is no phone in his intensive care room. When he gets moved he may have one.)

Ted

Comment

Get well soon Dale~

We need guys like you to keep this hobby from getting too serious!!!

Laughter helps the World stay sane. Keep us smilin'

StudeDave '57
              StudeDave '57
              US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
              SDC Member since 1985

past President
              Whatcom County Chapter SDC
              San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
              San Diego Chapter SDC
              North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Dale,
                All of us Salt2Salt guys are plugg'n for you! Your name is on the thankyou list on the back of our new t-shirt, and our first salt run will be in your honor at Bonneville.
                Best Regards
                Greg Meyers and the Minnesota Stude guys
                Greg
                http://salt2salt.com racing a 53' Stude on the salt.
                http://tribaker.wordpress.com building a 37' Stude boat-tailed speedster 3-wheeler
                http://turbostude.com building a 50' bullet-nose with a turbocharged stude flathead six (site under reconstruction)
                sigpic

Comment

What is his e-mail address?

Comment

Greg, that's a very nice thing to do, good on you guys! And good luck on the Salt Flats.

Bill, check your email.

Comment

More fairly good news. Dale took the second full dialysis today without a problem. He has now been moved to room 5805.

Yesterday they turned the feeding "box" off but turned it back on today because he was not eating enough.

The second tube to drain his lungs is still in.

Barb said he was well enough to complain about the food so she is going to take him some things to eat and said he better eat it! (g)

Ted

Comment

I stopped by St Vincent’s today about 1 pm. As you have had to, I put on the gown and latex gloves, walked in the room and asked, “I hear you need a proctologist”! Dale started laughing and said, “Nope, WRONG room” I said aren’t you in “infamous Lark Parker”? He laughed some more as did Barb.
                        I had not seen Dale prior to today, so to compare him to “before” I can’t. But, I can say that he did look pretty darn good for what he’s been through! As reported from both Bob & Ted, he has NOT lost his sense of humor! Which in my opinion, is a GOOD thing!
                        I didn’t stay too long, as I was “on my (long) lunch” <G> But he had to show me the stack of cards he has received, and could not get over the number of them. So, keep ‘em coming to Dale!
                        When I got there, there was a Dr. in his room discussing “what the next step will be” some talk of moving him to a rehab hospital to get his strength back. I do not know how soon that will happen, but, THAT is a VERY promising sign for him!
                        Dale was even asking me about my Avanti, and “if” I was going to sell it when I finished! He said “I might be interested” Barb looked at him and said, “what are YOU going to do with it”?

Like I said, I only stayed for about 30 minutes or so, but Dale’s spirits were high, and his sense of humor was NOT lacking!

I did however, offer to bring Dale some "White Castles" as he was complaining about the food! I figured that would cure him for sure! LOL

Jim
                        "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
                        their Memorials!

Comment

Just to add something to what Richard posted today. Barb said he will be going through some tests tomorrow and he will probably be worn out so he requested no one come to visit him tomorrow.

Ted

Comment

Dale had another dialysis today and got along fine with it and also had a "swallow" test but it was late this afternoon so don't know about the results from that.

He is eating a little better and Barb said she thinks he is looking and acting a little better each day. She also said he doesn't have a phone and doesn't really want one. I know the original room he was in had one but it was a real chore for him to get to it and try using it.

Ted

Comment

This might be the best news yet! Dale is being transferred to Lafayettle for continued dialysis and physical therapy.

He will be at:

Seton Specialty Hospital
                              1501 Hartford Street
                              Lafayette, IN 47904

Will post room number and any other info later. He and Barb are both pleased to be going to Lafayette and will be closer to home than Indy.

Ted

Comment

ooops

Found in another thread~

Originally posted by wayne
                                Get well soon . Our prayers are with you . I got to know Dale at the Newport hill climb and has enjoyed his company. He and Ted have a great help to me being a novice that I am. Wayne & Sara Iseminger

StudeDave '57
                                StudeDave '57
                                US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                                SDC Member since 1985

past President
                                Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                                San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                                San Diego Chapter SDC
                                North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment