No announcement yet.

STILL : searching for 64 wagonaire to purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decide what you want on the car, what you would accept, and the ease with which they can be changed. This would be things like tranny, brakes, engine, trim level, sliding roof and so on.

My ideal would be a sliding roof, 289 (259 w/R1 cam?,) 3spd OD tranny with floor shifter, PDB, PS with high ratio arm, AC, full dash, maybe tint glass, any color but something that shows the dirt like black does.

I hope that I haven't made this too confusing. I loved my '63 aand had a chance to dream........

Karl

Comment

Decide what you want on the car, what you would accept, and the ease with which they can be changed. This would be things like tranny, brakes, engine, trim level, sliding roof and so on.

My ideal would be a sliding roof, 289 (259 w/R1 cam?,) 3spd OD tranny with floor shifter, PDB, PS with high ratio arm, AC, full dash, maybe tint glass, any color but something that shows the dirt like black does.

I hope that I haven't made this too confusing. I loved my '63 aand had a chance to dream........

Karl

Comment

WOW![:0] We're talking about the wagon here near me? The black on black one with the 3spd OD tranny laying in the back?
        Last I saw, it didn't have an engine in it, but I didn't raise the hood last time I was out to look at it. I know ol' Rusty (the guy that owned it), had TOLD me there was an engine for it, but it wasn't in the car at that point.
        Anyway, cool to hear that you (your fiance) saved that thing from a lesser fate!

Miscreant adrift in
        the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

WOW![:0] We're talking about the wagon here near me? The black on black one with the 3spd OD tranny laying in the back?
          Last I saw, it didn't have an engine in it, but I didn't raise the hood last time I was out to look at it. I know ol' Rusty (the guy that owned it), had TOLD me there was an engine for it, but it wasn't in the car at that point.
          Anyway, cool to hear that you (your fiance) saved that thing from a lesser fate!

Miscreant adrift in
          the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs
            I'd submit that if one finds a Wagonaire without rust behind the rear wheels, it's because it's been repaired already - same thing with the tailgate.
            Bob,

I sold a couple of decent '64 tailgates at York, in fact Gary Ash got one for his project car.

Gary

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs
              I'd submit that if one finds a Wagonaire without rust behind the rear wheels, it's because it's been repaired already - same thing with the tailgate.
              Bob,

I sold a couple of decent '64 tailgates at York, in fact Gary Ash got one for his project car.

Gary

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

Mr. Biggs, its the same one. It has "save rusty" written on the front window. The 283 Chevy is still in the car. The three speed with overdrive has broken gears and was in the back of the wagon. We are in the process of making it drivable right now.
                David

Comment

Mr. Biggs, its the same one. It has "save rusty" written on the front window. The 283 Chevy is still in the car. The three speed with overdrive has broken gears and was in the back of the wagon. We are in the process of making it drivable right now.
                  David

Comment

From Mr. Biggs:
                    quote:gordr writes: "be advised that Wagonaires often have rear quarter rust"

Gord, couldn't you change "often" to "always"? I think that would be closer to the truth (not that you'd be deceptive of course!)
                    I think I'd stick with 'often' over 'always'. Then again, degree of rust is a valid point as well. I currently have two '63 Wagonaires on the property (both for sale by-the-by) where one simply doesn't have the lower rear quarter panel anymore below the top of the wheel well. It's completely rusted away. The other is fine. Dented up, but fine. The Blue Witch ('64 Can.) had pimples in the lower rear quarters and my brown ('64 So. Bend) was fine with no indication of rust in the rear quarters at all. Only George can say if those two have changed...

By the by, 'out there' fits me like a glove. Describes both my personality and location![)]

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                    Lotsa Larks!
                    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                    Ron Smith
                    Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
                    Ron Smith
                    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

From Mr. Biggs:
                      quote:gordr writes: "be advised that Wagonaires often have rear quarter rust"

Gord, couldn't you change "often" to "always"? I think that would be closer to the truth (not that you'd be deceptive of course!)
                      I think I'd stick with 'often' over 'always'. Then again, degree of rust is a valid point as well. I currently have two '63 Wagonaires on the property (both for sale by-the-by) where one simply doesn't have the lower rear quarter panel anymore below the top of the wheel well. It's completely rusted away. The other is fine. Dented up, but fine. The Blue Witch ('64 Can.) had pimples in the lower rear quarters and my brown ('64 So. Bend) was fine with no indication of rust in the rear quarters at all. Only George can say if those two have changed...

By the by, 'out there' fits me like a glove. Describes both my personality and location![)]

Lotsa Larks!
                      Ron Smith
                      Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
                      Ron Smith
                      Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

The 64 Wagonaire that I'm currenrly working on has no rust on the quarters.. Just a large dent in one.. The t'gate has a slight hint of rust pimples on the lower part of it.. No rust thru..
                        I have noticed that the area around the hinges have cracked.. I will look at that as soon as I complete the brake upgrade..
                        This car was abandoned in a grove of trees along with an old Mercedes.. When the property was sold, the new owner gave the car to our club.. It was so covered with moss that it had to be pressure washed to see what the actual outside color was..
                        Thus it's nickname "mossey"..[:I]

George
                        Grants Pass, Oregon
                        65 Commander 2door
                        64 Wagonaire's (1 parts car, 1 Canadian fixed roof disc brake car, the other sliding roof South Bend car.)
                        63 Champ
                        63 GT Hawk
                        51 Champion Starlight Coupe
                        George King
                        Grants Pass, Oregon
                        64 Station Wagon with fixed roof (Canadian Car)

66 Station Wagon with fixed roof. Project car, complete For Sale...

64 Wagonaire sliding roof South Bend car. For Sale...

63 GT Hawk

51 Champion Starlight Coupe For Sale...

Comment

The 64 Wagonaire that I'm currenrly working on has no rust on the quarters.. Just a large dent in one.. The t'gate has a slight hint of rust pimples on the lower part of it.. No rust thru..
                          I have noticed that the area around the hinges have cracked.. I will look at that as soon as I complete the brake upgrade..
                          This car was abandoned in a grove of trees along with an old Mercedes.. When the property was sold, the new owner gave the car to our club.. It was so covered with moss that it had to be pressure washed to see what the actual outside color was..
                          Thus it's nickname "mossey"..[:I]

George
                          Grants Pass, Oregon
                          65 Commander 2door
                          64 Wagonaire's (1 parts car, 1 Canadian fixed roof disc brake car, the other sliding roof South Bend car.)
                          63 Champ
                          63 GT Hawk
                          51 Champion Starlight Coupe
                          George King
                          Grants Pass, Oregon
                          64 Station Wagon with fixed roof (Canadian Car)

66 Station Wagon with fixed roof. Project car, complete For Sale...

64 Wagonaire sliding roof South Bend car. For Sale...

63 GT Hawk

51 Champion Starlight Coupe For Sale...

Comment

Hey Ed
                            I have a 64 slide top i would sell need to make some room.Car runs and drives radaitor and brakes have been done.Its a 259 auto p/s and twin trac . Needs restoration but not bad in the way of rust front floor s have a few small holes from wet carpets quarters are solid as well as rockers.Some rust in lower front fenders and bottom of tailgate.I am in wash state close to Tacoma Let me know if your interested $2500 Dave

Comment

Hey Ed
                              I have a 64 slide top i would sell need to make some room.Car runs and drives radaitor and brakes have been done.Its a 259 auto p/s and twin trac . Needs restoration but not bad in the way of rust front floor s have a few small holes from wet carpets quarters are solid as well as rockers.Some rust in lower front fenders and bottom of tailgate.I am in wash state close to Tacoma Let me know if your interested $2500 Dave

Comment

quote:Originally posted by DaveH

Hey Ed

Comment

Working...
                                X