Can someone identify this tailgate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone identify this tailgate?

I saw this advertised on the local Craigslist for $45 and like a good CASO I got the seller down to $20. Even though I don't have a truck I thought it would look good on the wall of our living room but my wife seems to think that the garage is a more appropriate place for it. Anyway, the seller didn't know what year truck it came from so I thought I'd ask you guys. It measures approx. 22" x 55". Thanks....

1949 Studebaker 2R5 half ton pickup...

Late model T Cab Champ truck with the P2 ('Dodge') box. For 20 bucks you stole it!

Comment

Hi it is off a 1960-64 t cab.
      Attached Files

Dusty Taylor

Comment

You know... usually people buy the truck that's missing it's tailgate. You seem to have bought the tailgate that's missing the Champ. All you need now is a Champ to go with it.
        Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
        K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
        Ron Smith
        Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Hey Wolfie..............I couldn't figure out how to reply to the PM you sent me so I'm doing it here. There is some rust on the bottom of the tailgate which doesn't really show up in my pics. I think I'm going to wash and wax it and display it either in my office or garage so I probably don't want to sell it. Sorry.............Dave
          1949 Studebaker 2R5 half ton pickup...

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
            Late model T Cab Champ truck with the P2 ('Dodge') box. For 20 bucks you stole it!
            For sure! In 1971 I ordered a NOS tailgate for my '64 Champ from Standard Surplus- price $12.50, shipping $17.50. When the truck was totalled back in the 80s, Jim Heiple came down from PA and took the entire remains of the truck (stripped already) just to get the still good tailgate.
            Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
            '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

It is off of a Studebaker Pickup truck.
              Sorry couldn't resist....one of those moods I guess.
              Good Roads
              Brian
              Brian Woods
              woodysrods@shaw.ca
              1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Working...
              X