'53 Commander V8 Hardtop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '53 Commander V8 Hardtop

1953 Studebaker Commander V8 hardtop fresh from 20 years in a warehouse. This unrestored and unmolested car shows the usual rust spots under each door with some rust on the front floor board. The car was driven into the warehouse years ago but the engine will not now turn over. There is evidence of a freeze crack on the top of the radiator and the mechanic suspects water in the cylinders. Many other pictures are available of this highly restorable car. Car priced at $4,000 fob Arlington, Texas. 817 303 8338. nfgibson@chmgt.com

Not a bad looking car NF, are those bullitt holes on the left side? [:0]

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Not a bad looking car NF, are those bullitt holes on the left side? [:0]

StudeRich
      Studebakers Northwest
      Ferndale, WA
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Ok here is topic that I had to post on, I recall from from a previous post that Dick and a few others had mentioned that these cars "53's" were worth saving no matter the cost or the time involved.[:0] Is this a good price for this car knowing you will have to redo every piece on it? I ask because every week I drive thru Oklahoma and see what I believe is 55 Hawk sitting in this field. All the body is there but there is no glass in it at all. [V] I have not gotten brave enough to get a close up look. Maybe in time, but the idea of getting shot for trespassing has kept me at bay. [:I]Just a thought.

Randy_G

Comment

Ok here is topic that I had to post on, I recall from from a previous post that Dick and a few others had mentioned that these cars "53's" were worth saving no matter the cost or the time involved.[:0] Is this a good price for this car knowing you will have to redo every piece on it? I ask because every week I drive thru Oklahoma and see what I believe is 55 Hawk sitting in this field. All the body is there but there is no glass in it at all. [V] I have not gotten brave enough to get a close up look. Maybe in time, but the idea of getting shot for trespassing has kept me at bay. [:I]Just a thought.

Randy_G

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Randy_G

I ask because every week I drive thru Oklahoma and see what I believe is 55 Hawk sitting in this field.
            If it is a 1955 you better grab it as it is a prototype. The Hawks were not introduced until 1956.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

I ask because every week I drive thru Oklahoma and see what I believe is 55 Hawk sitting in this field.
              If it is a 1955 you better grab it as it is a prototype. The Hawks were not introduced until 1956.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

Is this a good price for this car knowing you will have to redo every piece on it?
                Yes (IMHO).

Finding a '54 or '53 Starliner is the tough part. Buying it is the easy part .

If you are going to restore one of these, and you can do ALL the work yourself, you will have thousands of hours into in plus a big pile of cash. If you can't do all the work, you will have tens of thousands of dollars into it.

If you pay $2000, $4000, or $6000, it is really immaterial in the whole project.

Dick Steinkamp
                Bellingham, WA

Comment

Is this a good price for this car knowing you will have to redo every piece on it?
                  Yes (IMHO).

Finding a '54 or '53 Starliner is the tough part. Buying it is the easy part .

If you are going to restore one of these, and you can do ALL the work yourself, you will have thousands of hours into in plus a big pile of cash. If you can't do all the work, you will have tens of thousands of dollars into it.

If you pay $2000, $4000, or $6000, it is really immaterial in the whole project.

Dick Steinkamp
                  Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Guido

Thank you for the information, I know I'm a goober. [] and Dick I couldn't see giving $4,000 dollars for a project, even if I had it to spend which I don't.

Randy_G

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Guido

Thank you for the information, I know I'm a goober. [] and Dick I couldn't see giving $4,000 dollars for a project, even if I had it to spend which I don't.

Randy_G

Comment

I think that car's a good buy at $4K

Miscreant adrift in
                        the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                        1960 Larkvertible V8
                        1958 Provincial wagon
                        1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I think that car's a good buy at $4K

Miscreant adrift in
                          the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                          1960 Larkvertible V8
                          1958 Provincial wagon
                          1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
                          X