Daily driver Studebakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily driver Studebakers

How many people here use a Studebaker for everyday use? I got to thinking about this today. Tchnically, the only car I own (not counting the prototypes) is my '40. Sorry Matt, the Fordabaker dosen't count. Packards do count.
    Chris Dresbach

Originally posted by Chris_Dresbach View Post
    How many people here use a Studebaker for everyday use? I got to thinking about this today. Tchnically, the only car I own (not counting the prototypes) is my '40. Sorry Matt, the Fordabaker dosen't count. Packards do count.
    I drive my '61 wagon all the time, virtually every day, and my '63 Cruiser often.
    Chip
    '63 Cruiser
    '57 Packard wagon
    '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
    '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

1949 Champion everyday driver. 1954 Commander weekend driver. 1958 Transtar Pickup daily driver. 1955 President State Sedan Daily driver. 1957 GoldenHawk weekend driver. These are at our house Studebaker made um we drive um.
      Mabel 1949 Champion
      Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
      Gus 1958 Transtar
      The Prez 1955 President State
      Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
      Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
      Fresno,Ca

Comment

What do you mean the Fordabaker doesn't count!?

It says Studebaker. I use it to go to Studebaker shows, and haul Studebaker parts...

Last edited by mbstude; 06-29-2010, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Untill my '55 went into several shops for it's "Facelift" I drove it almost everyday.

Comment

I drive my Champ every day and it's my work truck now. I pick up and deliver parts in it and have put over 1300 miles on it in the last 3 weeks.
            sigpic

J&JW Machine Co.
            Bubbaland South
            Resident Machinist

Comment

I drive my Champ 3-4 days a week. I have had it down for repairs most of the last month since I have another brand X driver but would drive it today if the immediate need arose. Steve
              sigpic

Comment

Until recent, this has been mainly my transportation for the past 10 years. I drove my 64 R2 Lark from high school through college. This was taken before I left high school, so the way it looks in the photo then isn't the way it looks now, lol. If it broke, and on more than a few occasions it did, I usually had a second modern vehicle to fall back on until I could get mine repaired.
                1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
                1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
                1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
                1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

Matt, that Fordabaker would be a lot closer to a Studebaker if you changed that 300 to a flathead <G>. We'll allow the 5 speed as read that its really a 3 sp column shift with BW O/D

Comment

I would drive mine more often, but the difference between collectors insurance and historical Ohio license plates V. regular car insurance and everday plates would add about $550.00 annually to the cost of owning it (manitenence not included). That and the medical bills on my arthritic shoulders would be sky high after trying to turn that wheel everyday.

Comment

Mine when ever I get the chance. Once I get my license (This month, 75% sure....) she's going to be driven daily! Yahoo!
                      Dylan Wills
                      Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
                      1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
                      1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
                      1914 Ford Model T

Comment

I do, how about you?

I drive a Stude everyday, and I have done so for almost as long as I have been driving. (now, what is 40 minus 16...?)

Head's up Chris-
                        this topic has come up a time or two since I've been a member of this Forum.
                        You'll find a host of answers to your question in those long-lost threads.
                        Many will be from folks who have left us.
                        StudeDave '57
                        US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                        SDC Member since 1985

past President
                        Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                        San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                        San Diego Chapter SDC
                        North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

I'll be driving my '55 on a regular basis as soon as it's finished. At least once a week, into town for weekly groceries, and any other local trips that are needed. Not a daily driver, but our usual transportation.

Comment

While a motorcycle is my main transportation to and from work.....my ONLY cars are Studebakers..

My "daily" driver is a 59, Lark, 2dr. wagon. In the 8+ years I've owned it, it's gotten just shy of 90,000 So. Cal. miles put on it.
                            The Lark will someday be replaced by a 55 Conestoga, awaiting a new quarter panel, a floor and a drive train swap.

The Lark has actually been very good to me. With only one time on a flatbed because of a bad thermostat.

Mike

Comment

I'm like alot of other ppl on here and if I can ever get mine finished I'm gonna drive the wheels off and then buy more wheels.Right now I'm stuck with my wrecked twice Neon beater with 240,000+ miles on it and the a/c just died in it.How great is that.Guess I'm gonna be makin another trip to pull-a-part

Comment

Working...
                              X