Rare "crossover" model Stude truck FS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rare "crossover" model Stude truck FS

This is a rare one! A model M2R with the factory experimental Continental engine installation![:0]

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

This truck appears to have the standard Champion 170 Six engine, -NATCH!
    In fact, this engine is the 583rd. 169.6 cu.in. truck engine built in 1954!

Not a Continental engine! (at least we know this guy never bought a part for this thing!)

Those are some pretty interesting price quotes! The Price Guide Gold Book shows a 1954 R Series 1/2 Ton with 170, 85 HP engine (3R5) at $7000.00 for a "Good" condition one. BUT, if you have the optional (10 times Better), 245 102 HP Engine, (they call a 246) you deduct $300.00! [xx(]

And if you have a more expensive 3/4 Ton, you Deduct $200.00, that I can understand because of the demand (desirability factor) if purchased as a collector (show, Cruise etc.)truck, there is no added value to Heavier like when people actually HAULED with them!

On the other price guide (NADA) he selected a 1949 2R15 1 Ton Express? Wasn't that what they called the old 1938 K series? Maybe that is the only Stude Truck they show? It's at $10,500.00 ! [xx(]

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

This truck appears to have the standard Champion 170 Six engine, -NATCH!
      In fact, this engine is the 583rd. 169.6 cu.in. truck engine built in 1954!

Not a Continental engine! (at least we know this guy never bought a part for this thing!)

Those are some pretty interesting price quotes! The Price Guide Gold Book shows a 1954 R Series 1/2 Ton with 170, 85 HP engine (3R5) at $7000.00 for a "Good" condition one. BUT, if you have the optional (10 times Better), 245 102 HP Engine, (they call a 246) you deduct $300.00! [xx(]

And if you have a more expensive 3/4 Ton, you Deduct $200.00, that I can understand because of the demand (desirability factor) if purchased as a collector (show, Cruise etc.)truck, there is no added value to Heavier like when people actually HAULED with them!

On the other price guide (NADA) he selected a 1949 2R15 1 Ton Express? Wasn't that what they called the old 1938 K series? Maybe that is the only Stude Truck they show? It's at $10,500.00 ! [xx(]

StudeRich
      Studebakers Northwest
      Ferndale, WA
      StudeRich
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

So, did anyone contact the seller to correct the error?
        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Yes, Robert will be correcting his error, it's on a private website, not an ebay ad. This guy owns a very large collection of classic cars (41 on the site and many more to be listed (6-8 Studes.) all purchased in restored or present condition a few years back and being re-sold from Broken Bow, OK

He says that his '58 Silver Hawk was a very rare car(doesn't know if it was a Hardtop) but the Pres. of one of our Northeastern SDC Chapters made an offer, and it sold overseas for $5000.00 more than that! [xx(]

He also said that because his prices are (so low?) that his cars are bought by Australian dealers, shipped to the Port of Los Angeles ($2000.00) then shipped to Australia and still sold there for big profits!

quote:Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK

StudeRich
            Studebakers Northwest
            Ferndale, WA
            StudeRich
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Yes, Robert will be correcting his error, it's on a private website, not an ebay ad. This guy owns a very large collection of classic cars (41 on the site and many more to be listed (6-8 Studes.) all purchased in restored or present condition a few years back and being re-sold from Broken Bow, OK

He says that his '58 Silver Hawk was a very rare car(doesn't know if it was a Hardtop) but the Pres. of one of our Northeastern SDC Chapters made an offer, and it sold overseas for $5000.00 more than that! [xx(]

He also said that because his prices are (so low?) that his cars are bought by Australian dealers, shipped to the Port of Los Angeles ($2000.00) then shipped to Australia and still sold there for big profits!

quote:Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK

StudeRich
              Studebakers Northwest
              Ferndale, WA
              StudeRich
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I can just see it now: an M series cab with an R series front clip and a Continental Red Seal under the hood![^] He didn't get it right with the Stude coupe he is selling either. He has the casting numbers listed for the engine and cylinder head instead of the stamped number, and the serial number only has 6 numbers in it instead of 7. He gives the body number without the model designation (ER-Q) and lists the engine size as 312 - last I heard that was a F**d engine(shades of the 289).[8] It's 241.6 ci. The Big and Special sixes were 354 ci so where he got that number from I don't know.

Terry

Comment

I can just see it now: an M series cab with an R series front clip and a Continental Red Seal under the hood![^] He didn't get it right with the Stude coupe he is selling either. He has the casting numbers listed for the engine and cylinder head instead of the stamped number, and the serial number only has 6 numbers in it instead of 7. He gives the body number without the model designation (ER-Q) and lists the engine size as 312 - last I heard that was a F**d engine(shades of the 289).[8] It's 241.6 ci. The Big and Special sixes were 354 ci so where he got that number from I don't know.

Terry

Comment

Working...
                  X