Clear All

Hey Leonard, I don't know if you ever saw these, from South Bend 07:

Here you are when we were waiting in line to head to the parade:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Laptop 647.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	1662425

That's Evyn's hand waving at you from my 60 Lark wagon, while we were on the track at the Proving Grounds:

Name:	Laptop 802.jpg
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	1662424

Name:	Laptop 806.jpg
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	1662426

Those were some good times. Looking forward to many more good times with you!
    Last edited by bams50; 06-28-2010, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Great pictures of a handsome couple, Leonard! Your son looks like a clone of you! My own daughter was recently married in the Virginia Beach area last fall, but I wasn't able to have a Studebaker there for a sweet photo op like that. Thank you for sharing their special day.

Thanks for sharing those proud pictures and I hope each and every day will only get better for you.

Comment

Since this thread is still open, why not post greetings to Leonard here, in his own [possibly last, per Frank D] thread?

Leonard, we're pretty sure you can still read this, so have a Happy Birthday April 13th! BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

OK...HERE'S TO YOU LEN...

Happy Birthday

John Clary
          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Don't know if he will see this or not.
            Still best to send a card.

Leonard Shepherd, c/o Wes , 33 Pickett Ct., Blackstone, VA 23824
            Brad Johnson,
            SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I now know what Wes looks like. At least what he looked like a few years ago. I have talked to him on the phone and emailed back and forth a number of times.
              I still get a twinge of sadness when I thing of how I came to have Lenard's 52.
              "In the heart of Arkansas."
              Searcy, Arkansas
              1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
              1952 2R pickup

Comment

'Card has already been mailed, including a nice photograph of Leonard's former 1964 Daytona convertible amidst its three Astra White 1964 Daytona brethren on the front lawn. BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Happy birthday, Leonard! AND... thanks for all you have contributed to the Studebaker experience. We miss "visiting" with you!
                  sigpic
                  Dave Lester

Comment

Great wedding photos Len! Thanks for sharing them with us, looks like a a great day! Love those 52 Studebakers!
                    Sorry to here of your illness, I spent most of last winter in hospital and rehab as well. And my wife and I are sending prayers your way. I can tell you, they work, proof is I'm still here.
                    Have a happy, happy Birthday Len!
                    sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
                    Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
                    "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
                      Don't know if he will see this or not.
                      Still best to send a card.

Leonard Shepherd, c/o Wes , 33 Pickett Ct., Blackstone, VA 23824
                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I agree with you rockne10. Leonard was such a strong advocate for both Studebaker and the people on this site with his many, many contributions. I think we will get Leonard's attention if we can all send him a Birthday card (April 13th). I, too, feel it's best to send a card. This is something tangible, something he can hold in his hands, and know how many people still care for him. I'm not sure he can still comprehend reading from the screen, but I'm sure Wes or other family members can communicate 'birthday' cards to him.

LET'S FILL HIS MAILBOX ON APRIL 13TH!!

Frank Drumheller
                      Locust Grove, VA
                      60S-W6
                      M16-52 '48 Studebaker-Boyer fire truck
                      Last edited by studelark; 04-01-2014, 06:30 PM. Reason: spacing

Comment

Brad Johnson,
                        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Working...
                        X