This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Photo's

Anyone notice that the great Aug issue of Hemmings Classsic Cars has no photo's of the Avanti? (save for a small photo on page 34 at the bottom)

Many folks are interviewed....no Avanti owners...even in California?....Oversight?? Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm????

Yeah, I noticed that same thing. It's just like those books about great sports cars of the past where they ignore the Avanti. I have one that features Ferraris, Alfa Romeos, Porsches, Corvettes, even MUSTANG IIs!!! But not a single mention of the Avanti. Guess all those Bonneville records and Granatelli's driving must all be in our imagination!

Mustang II - sports car? Sheeeeeesh.
    "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Slowly, very slowly, will the Avanti get its due....problem is I hope I am not dead by then....retirement is FAST approaching and getting a GOOD price for my car would ease the "excitement" of beginning(sp) life on a fixed income![V]

Comment

Hemmings does a great job with Studebakers but everyone flubs up every now and then and they kind of did in that issue. Deleting mention of the Avanti (a limited production car) is disheartening but not nearly as much as when an article on "personal luxury cars of the early-and mid-1960s" comes up and the Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk is not mentioned. This happens almost all the time. The GT predates the Riviera, Toronado, ElDorado and even the Mustang by at least a year. This omission has always bothered me.

Studedude1961
        --1963 Cruiser

Comment

Well, they actually did write a little about the Avanti, but I thought it was very odd that there wasn't a decent picture of one. I also thought it was poor judgment on their part to extoll the 1947 cars in such glowing terms, but not include a single picture of one! I hate it when books and magazines do that - telling how how interesting this or that car was, describing in detail this or that feature, and then not letting you SEE one so you get a sense of what they're going on about.
          "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

The Avanti will no doubt get its own dedicated article; and will no doubt also include post-Studebaker production as well. I noticed that as well as not much on trucks either.

Craig.

Comment

Working...
            X