Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a unique forum, for sure. It amazes me, really, how few times the moderator has had to/chosen to step in. Mr. Shaw is a pretty patient man. I am slowly learning to hold my tongue (OK, bite my tongue,) because I have confidence he will step in before I feel the need to cut loose with responses that seem perfectly reasonable to me, but would be considered by others to be less than appropriate. I sure don't want to be the first guy asked to leave the forum!

We only have two "troll-like" folks here ([u]by my count</u>[u]to me[u]ME

sigpic
    Dave Lester

Comment

I don't mean to infer that anyone here has self-appointed themself as the "Overbearing Vigilante Moderator". No, not at all, because I don't wish to upset anybody. It is just that they post things that are somewhat like one, sometimes. Likewise, I don't mean to infer or imply that someone here is a sanctimonious, name-calling pot-stirrer, either. It is just that they post things here that remind me of one. If anyone here thinks I'm referring to them, rest assured that I definitely am not. Thanks.

Comment

Want of care does us more damage than want of knowledge.
        B. Franklin

'49 Starlight Coupe
        1936 Miller Replica

Comment

As a last word on this thread (as is the right of the all-powerful administrator), may I offer all our forum members this?

One of the basic elements of successful "conflict resolution" is to "debate facts not feelings." Conflict can, in fact, be healthy and helpul as long as the parties involved argue FOR their FACTS not against someone's personality or just against someone else's position. Only then can there be an opportunity to enlighten others or be enlightend.

Also, I offer you these things that were passed down to me by my parents:

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

"When you point a finger at someone else, there is always three pointing back at yourself."

"Two rules in life: One is don't sweat the small stuff. The other is, remember that it's all small stuff."

BShaw,Webmaster

60 Hawk. 49 2R5, 39 Champion
          sigpic
          Bob Shaw
          Rush City, Minnesota
          1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
          "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Comment

Working...
          X