Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quartz Conversion

Hello,

I have a 1961 lark borg clock that I am restoring. Witha little cleaning I was able to make it work...for a short while. I am now becomming more and more interested in coverting this clock over to a quartz movement. My questions are as follows:

- Has anyone used a do-it-yourself quartz kit in there borg clock?
    - Is this the best course of action?
    - Is there a more affordable quartz conversion on another site?
    - About how long does a quartz movement last?

I found a site that sells them here:

Thank you
    1947 Studebaker M-5
    1946 Studebaker M-5
    1948 Studebaker Land Cruiser
    1961 Studebaker Lark 4-dr. Sedan
    1951 Studebaker Land Cruiser

I have personally done a conversion myself and have paid to have someone do one. The task is not that tough but it does require some thought. The $53.00 cost and the $50.00 labor is the going rate. They do last a long time and I have never had a problem. Now you know the second hand(if you have one)moves differently, that's how you can tell if it is a quarts. Good Luck.

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
    Remember, \"When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done.\"

Comment

I have personally done a conversion myself and have paid to have someone do one. The task is not that tough but it does require some thought. The $53.00 cost and the $50.00 labor is the going rate. They do last a long time and I have never had a problem. Now you know the second hand(if you have one)moves differently, that's how you can tell if it is a quarts. Good Luck.

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
      Remember, \"When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done.\"

Comment

Working...
      X