This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1948 Mercury Studebaker

Its like George Carlon says,the vet calls your dog a mutt because even he dosen't know what the hell you got.
    Its not a monkey (G)

Whoops

Comment

That's called keyword spamming. eBay sellers putting a lot of unrelated names in their listing just so they get hits when people search. This is a borderline case, IMHO, in that the car clearly is a lead sled, done up in the same style as were many Mercs. Someone searching for a Merc might find this car to be a suitable option.

It is kind of a neat kustom. The frame clip could be a possible problem area, given that the cross-section shape of the two halves is so different. Depends on how well the work was done. Could be a real deal for some lucky buyer, if the reserve isn't too high. Overall, I think the mods were done in a mostly tasteful fashion, and in keeping with the period theme of a lead sled.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands
      Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

It is kinda cool Gord,I went and looked at it closer after reading your reply. I found it totally by accident as I was looking at mid- fifties Mercs just because I think their cool, for Fords(G).
        The exhaust ignitors are always a nice touch(G)

Comment

It's okay but they always lose me with the new small plastic steering wheels they insist on putting in these old cars. All that's lacking to be a total turnoff (at least to this observer) is a couple of late-model bucket seats.

Studedude1961
          --1963 Cruiser

Comment

Working...
          X