low milage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• low milage

how come a lot of usa studes have such low miles on them what happen from new etc its seems weid to us kiwis that a lot of cars in usa have such low miles or is it we are just car nuts that like to drive everywhere even if its only in new zealand which is about 3000 miles long but we do drive all over the place on this little iland called nz

Well, my '59 pickup only has 53,500 or so on it. A guy I know in Florida has a '63 Wagonaire with 5,300 miles on it, but that same guy also has a '51 Champion with over half a million miles on the odometer. It all depends on where you look I guess!

Matthew Burnette
    Hazlehurst, Georgia
    '59 Scotsman PU
    '63 Daytona HT

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

Comment

Well, my '59 pickup only has 53,500 or so on it. A guy I know in Florida has a '63 Wagonaire with 5,300 miles on it, but that same guy also has a '51 Champion with over half a million miles on the odometer. It all depends on where you look I guess!

Matthew Burnette
      Hazlehurst, Georgia
      '59 Scotsman PU
      '63 Daytona HT

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

Comment

yea but why such low miles wat happened the low mile car must have been still going and in good nic to drive and yep here cars get big miles on them especailly the *** cars and most studes here have got at least 200;000 miles on them even up to 400,000 plus at our last meet a gt with 937000 miles on the clock

Comment

yea but why such low miles wat happened the low mile car must have been still going and in good nic to drive and yep here cars get big miles on them especailly the *** cars and most studes here have got at least 200;000 miles on them even up to 400,000 plus at our last meet a gt with 937000 miles on the clock

Comment

My lowest mileage Studebaker (with the possible exception of my horse drawn ones) is a 1946 M-16 that has 2349 original miles on it. Works out to less than 60 miles per year.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

My lowest mileage Studebaker (with the possible exception of my horse drawn ones) is a 1946 M-16 that has 2349 original miles on it. Works out to less than 60 miles per year.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

Here's low mileage for ya:

Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Comment

Here's low mileage for ya:

Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Comment

A few years ago Turning Wheels had a special "100,000 Mile Club" feature, but discontinued it after so many western members said "what's the big deal? ALL my (several) Studebakers have over 100,000 miles". Seems that while the salt belt cars are disolving into the ground, the "dry state" cars just keep going and going.

Steve Hudson
                    The Dalles, Oregon
                    1937 Dictator Streetrod
                    1949 "GMOBaker" 1-T Dually
                    1953 Commander Convertible
                    1954 Champion Coupe

Steve Hudson
                    The Dalles, Oregon
                    1949 \"GMOBaker\" 1-T Dually (workhorse)
                    1953 Commander Convertible (show & go)
                    1953 "Studacudallac" (project)

Comment

A few years ago Turning Wheels had a special "100,000 Mile Club" feature, but discontinued it after so many western members said "what's the big deal? ALL my (several) Studebakers have over 100,000 miles". Seems that while the salt belt cars are disolving into the ground, the "dry state" cars just keep going and going.

Steve Hudson
                      The Dalles, Oregon
                      1937 Dictator Streetrod
                      1949 "GMOBaker" 1-T Dually
                      1953 Commander Convertible
                      1954 Champion Coupe

Steve Hudson
                      The Dalles, Oregon
                      1949 \"GMOBaker\" 1-T Dually (workhorse)
                      1953 Commander Convertible (show & go)
                      1953 "Studacudallac" (project)

Comment

Hi Pete the Kiwi,
                        for some unkown reason just about every Studebaker owner in the US reads the milage on the speedo and say it is a 23k mile original car.
                        Mostly the pictures tell the story and you know a car has gone round the clock a number of times, if you know what you are looking for.
                        Really good cars are just so hard to find. Recently there were 3 lovely larks on ebay that really looked like low milage cars. There was a 63 Hawk recently on that boasted and astoundingly low number of miles, that looked nice but that was all. Most people say anything to sell a car so you just have to sort through all the chaff and work out what is right for you.

Most of us die hard collectors of the make try and find the low mileage ones and keep them for our own use, but the average Joe Bloggs that owns a Stude will tell you or write anything to sell a car.

Oddly enough, all my cars are low mileage, even my Australian cars. I did not belive that the mileage on my 1937 was correct at about 67k miles, but I met a previous owner who had courted his wife in the car and who'd owned it twice since 1970 and he confirmed that the mileage was at around 50k in the early 1970's before it needed full restoration. Australian cars, like American cars cop a pounding as it is a real big country.

European Studes are all generally low milage as there is not to far to go over here, and in England there are people that have never looked over the next hill.....

Regards
                        Greg

Greg Diffen
                        Australian Stude nut living in Warwick, United Kingdom

1933 St Regis Brougham Model 56 Dutch delivered
                        1937 Dicator sedan. Australian Body by TJ Richards
                        1939 Packard Seven Passenger monster UK delivered
                        1939 Commander Swiss Cabriolet by Lagenthal
                        1988 Avanti Convertible
                        Greg Diffen

Editor Studebaker Owners Club UK magazine

Australian Stude guy living in Warwick, United Kingdom

1933 St Regis Brougham Model 56 delivered new in the Netherlands
                        1937 Dictator sedan Australian Body by TJ Richards RHC
                        1937 Packard Super 8 Limousine UK delivered RHC
                        1939 Packard Super 8 Seven Passenger sedan monster UK delivered RHC
                        1939 Commander Cabriolet by Lagenthal of Switzerland
                        1963 Lark Daytona Hardtop
                        1988 Avanti Convertible

Comment

Hi Pete the Kiwi,
                          for some unkown reason just about every Studebaker owner in the US reads the milage on the speedo and say it is a 23k mile original car.
                          Mostly the pictures tell the story and you know a car has gone round the clock a number of times, if you know what you are looking for.
                          Really good cars are just so hard to find. Recently there were 3 lovely larks on ebay that really looked like low milage cars. There was a 63 Hawk recently on that boasted and astoundingly low number of miles, that looked nice but that was all. Most people say anything to sell a car so you just have to sort through all the chaff and work out what is right for you.

Most of us die hard collectors of the make try and find the low mileage ones and keep them for our own use, but the average Joe Bloggs that owns a Stude will tell you or write anything to sell a car.

Oddly enough, all my cars are low mileage, even my Australian cars. I did not belive that the mileage on my 1937 was correct at about 67k miles, but I met a previous owner who had courted his wife in the car and who'd owned it twice since 1970 and he confirmed that the mileage was at around 50k in the early 1970's before it needed full restoration. Australian cars, like American cars cop a pounding as it is a real big country.

European Studes are all generally low milage as there is not to far to go over here, and in England there are people that have never looked over the next hill.....

Regards
                          Greg

Greg Diffen
                          Australian Stude nut living in Warwick, United Kingdom

1933 St Regis Brougham Model 56 Dutch delivered
                          1937 Dicator sedan. Australian Body by TJ Richards
                          1939 Packard Seven Passenger monster UK delivered
                          1939 Commander Swiss Cabriolet by Lagenthal
                          1988 Avanti Convertible
                          Greg Diffen

Editor Studebaker Owners Club UK magazine

Australian Stude guy living in Warwick, United Kingdom

1933 St Regis Brougham Model 56 delivered new in the Netherlands
                          1937 Dictator sedan Australian Body by TJ Richards RHC
                          1937 Packard Super 8 Limousine UK delivered RHC
                          1939 Packard Super 8 Seven Passenger sedan monster UK delivered RHC
                          1939 Commander Cabriolet by Lagenthal of Switzerland
                          1963 Lark Daytona Hardtop
                          1988 Avanti Convertible

Comment

Maybe the price of the fuel has an influence ???
                            /H

Comment

Maybe the price of the fuel has an influence ???
                              /H

Comment

Working...
                              X