Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Being a Studebaker ad, or a Champion ad in conjunction with Studebaker, should not alter the intent. IMHO an ad of 50 years ago probably had more " truth in advertising " than ads of today. ( Please, no jihad over that statement ) Another point to consider here is that the gas of today is not conducive to gas mileage ( the oil barons can rob you better that way ) meaning if you had that car that won the mileage championship of 50 years ago, it would be lucky to get 25 mpg with today's gas.

quote:Originally posted by studeclunker

I was not arguing the point on the champion. My point was that these are Studebaker ads. Not spark plug or some other accessory. Also the only point I have been consistantly making is milage. Really good milage. As I recall, that is the topic.

Lotsa Larks!
    Studeclunker
    A.K.A: out2lunch
    Sam Roberts

Comment

Well Mr Roberts, then we're two lucky guys... By the way, to get the milage on my wagon it requires no more than 60 mph and a steady pedal. The service manual for Larks even mentions that one must keep their speed down to get good milage. Just because the cars are capable of speed does'nt mean it's always a good idea. As far as keeping up with traffic. I don't try. All I do is try to keep out of the way.[:I]

Lotsa Larks!
      Studeclunker
      Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
      K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
      Ron Smith
      Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Most friends just call me Sam, non-friends...........well it could be most anything! I guess I missed your reference to " lucky guys " though.

quote:Originally posted by studeclunker

Well Mr Roberts, then we're two lucky guys... By the way, to get the milage on my wagon it requires no more than 60 mph and a steady pedal. The service manual for Larks even mentions that one must keep their speed down to get good milage. Just because the cars are capable of speed does'nt mean it's always a good idea. As far as keeping up with traffic. I don't try. All I do is try to keep out of the way.[:I]

Lotsa Larks!
        Studeclunker
        Sam Roberts

Comment

So - you prefer "Sam". Izzat right[?][:0][}]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe
          1957 President 2-dr
          1955 President State
          1951 Champion Biz cpe
          1963 Daytona project FS
          No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Yes I do, the Mr. thingie always seems so condescending to me!
            quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

So - you prefer "Sam". Izzat right[?][:0][}]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe
            1957 President 2-dr
            1955 President State
            1951 Champion Biz cpe
            1963 Daytona project FS
            Sam Roberts

Comment

My apologies Sam. I just could'nt resist the 'Mr. Roberts' being raised by Mrs. Smith and an old Navy chief as well as being a movie buff.
              One problem with being raised in a mixed household.[:I]

Lotsa Larks!
              Studeclunker
              Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
              K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
              Ron Smith
              Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Working...
              X