This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 52 hardtop-- HELP!!!

Hi everybody! My local junk yard buddy just got a 52 hardtop in! I can't find the back issue pertaining to this model.Can someone tell me how many were built and starting and ending serial #'s for 52? Today I will go back for a closer inspection.Thank You!!!

There were 12,119 Champion Starliners built and 14,548 Commander Starliners built in 1952. Serial#s were G1115501 thru G1197500 for SB-built Champions - 8217001 thru 8290000 for Commanders and those are just the SB serial #s. There were different number runs for LA and Canuck built cars.

Miscreant at large.
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

ThankYou so much for the quick response Mr Biggs!!! This morning I saved the car from the crusher- Serial # 8746791. Body # 3h-k2..
      [v8 auto with power brakes]..Car is available,parts or whole.
      Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Hey! A Commander no less![:0] Cool save! There's something wrong with that serial # tho. Are you sure that secon digit is a 7 ???

Miscreant at large.
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

My eyes are not so good,too much welding?tommorrow I will recheck the #.. but I matched the # on door post to the # on title[same].
          I had a hard time finding the vin,the tag is attached to the drivers side LATCH post,way below the door latch....? The title is a one owner,printed in August,1952..The guy bought this car new,died in 2004,at 80 years old.His executor sold the'hulk'to the bone yard..
          If only the car could talk,we would hear one heck of a love story-he apparently kept the car for over 50 years,till his death.I hope he didn't call the car'CHRISTINE' !!!! Thanks again,to the encyclopedia of Studebaker,MR BIGGS!!! By the way,I am in central Illinois,I wish my 61 Hawk had a history,but no such luck!
          Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Hi Mr Biggs! the second digit is a 2. 8246791..Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!! Tomorrow I leave for South Bend for the swap meet and car show. Missed it last year.Was there in 2003 and had the best time ever!!
            Oglesby,Il.

Comment

OK. That makes sense now. She's a South Bend native. Hope you manage a fairy tale engine to her saga!

Miscreant at large.

Comment

Sir, where are you located? What are you asking for the car?

Lotsa Larks!
                Studeclunker
                A.K.A: out2lunch
                Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                Ron Smith
                Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Sir, where are you located? What are you asking for the car?

Lotsa Larks!
                  Studeclunker
                  A.K.A: out2lunch
                  Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                  K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                  Ron Smith
                  Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

'the crusher'wants $500 for the car.This thing is really rusty,but 100% complete.Engine is stuck--.I am in LaSalle,Il.Bobs A-1 Auto Body,2709 StVincents Ave.. The car is outside,under a roof,visible any time. I-80,exit 77,1 mile south,on right side.815-224 3661.I also have a 62 4dr cruiser,v-8 auto I need to get out of the way,price negotiable!!! Where are you???
                    Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Working...
                    X