Found a camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found a camera

While moving a rack of torque converters, I found a old Polaroid camera and flash on top of the boxes. Did someone leave it behind sometime in the last 10 years while visiting SASCO? If so, do you want it back? Jim

No, but I want a new torque converter. []

Comment

Let's develop the film and see what is on it! [8][B)][B)][}][?]

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

Uh... Gary, its a Polaroid, it spits out the pictures, no negatives inside. Or is that what your string of emoticons were for?

[img=left]http://www.alink.com/personal/tbredehoft/Avatar1.jpg[/img=left]
        Tom Bredehoft
        '53 Commander Coupe (since 1959)
        '55 President (6H Y6) State Sedan
        ....On the road, again....
        '05 Legacy Ltd Wagon
        All Indiana built cars

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Tom B
          Or is that what your string of emoticons were for?
          Correct! In fact I still have one in the basement as well as a new pack of film. Sadly, the only pictures of my '61 Hawk were taken with one.

Comment

Can you even get film for those anymore? I don't think I've one in use for at least 5yrs, maybe longer. Maybe provide a clue how long its been there....

A lot of family photos when my sister and I were kids in the 70s and early 80s were taken with polaroids and most of them were not too good. Dark and muddy looking indoor pictures. I had the Kodak version before polaroid won the patent lawsuit and the kodak's were pulled off the market and film was no longer available. Think about '85 or so. Always though it did a better job compared to the polariod. The older polaroids with the peel off backing seemed to work better than the later ones. My dad had one of those and the pictures from it were much better than the later ones with the newer camera.

Jeff in ND

'53 Champion Hardtop

Jeff in ND

Comment

I believe that Polaroid quit producing film for them about 3 years ago, but Fuji continued to manufacture the film. The Minnesota businessman (Tom Petters) that bought the Polaroid company a few years ago is in prison now for a Ponzi scheme and so the company is under new ownership again. I dont believe they've manufactured anything for a few years but simply rebadge other companies products.

The original Polaroid camera is an impressive device being that it gives you a developed picture that you can hold in your hand within seconds. I'm not aware of there being anything else like it on the market today. If there is, it would be a digital camera with a built in color printer requiring that you insert photo paper and that you change the ink cartridges periodically and it would require a larger battery pack to handle the extra mechanical functions. Therefor, it would likely weigh twice as much as the old school Polaroid camera. [8D]

SnowLark
              In the middle of Minnestudea
              sigpic
              In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

I think you can still get the film for the polaroid 600, the last production polaroid, but you gotta look around a bit. The wife and I found an old polaroid, I am guessing from the late 60's-early 70's and have tried to find film for the thing, just for fun. After looking high and low (and online) I can find hundreds of the same camera for sale for next to nothing, and no film. I have heard there is someone out there who special-makes the stuff to order, but I have not found him. (and I probably would not want to pay for the stuff once I did, either)

1963 Lark, 259 V8, two-tone paint, Twin Traction.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Jeff_H
                  I had the Kodak version before polaroid won the patent lawsuit and the kodak's were pulled off the market and film was no longer available. Think about '85 or so. Always though it did a better job compared to the polariod. The older polaroids with the peel off backing seemed to work better than the later ones. My dad had one of those and the pictures from it were much better than the later ones with the newer camera.
                  Jeff, I also had a Kodak EK-6 instant camera. It was a clunky thing, but I agree the photo quality was somewhat better than the comparable Polaroids of the time. And over the passage of time, the color stability seems to be better with the Kodak instant prints. Here are some photos I took with it of the Edmonton Chapter's very first Studebaker meet in May, 1978.

Craig

Comment

Correction to my post above, I actually have 2 Polaroid cameras!

Comment

Working...
                    X