X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Por-15

Where can I buy it?
    Can you primer/paint over it?
    I need to use it on the bottom of my 52 Commander in spots where the under coating had turned loose.

I'm really lucky to have a car that was undercoated, After removing it 95% of this car has nos sheetmetal so shiny that my friend across the street asked me if the body was made of aluminum.

Thanks for the help.

Dean.

Explore POR-15's extensive range of restoration products, perfect for bringing new life to any vehicle with superior performance and quality. Order online now!

I have used it for years.
    Follow the directions and it will do the job.

3E38
    4E2
    4E28
    5E13
    7E7
    8E7
    8E12
    8E28

59 Lark
    etc

Comment

You can paint over it, but ONLY after using a POR-15 topcoat that will allow it.

Scott Rodgers
      Los Angeles
      SDC Member since 1989
      '60 Lark HT
      '63 Wagonaire
      '66 Frankenbaker
      Scott Rodgers
      Los Angeles
      SDC Member since 1989
      \'60 Lark HT
      \'63 Wagonaire
      \'66 Frankenbaker

Comment

Thanks,
        I'll be ordering me some tomorrow.

Dean.

Comment

The only reason to top coat is if it's going to be exposed to sunlight.
          My cans explain that if top coating, you are supposed to use a light dust coat of primer on a tacky surface of freshly applied POR 15 and let dry, then apply a full primer later before painting. I've used both POR top coat and regular top coat paint, both have worked well properly prepped. If it has already dried and cured you just need to sand it with 600 grit until dull and then paint, or use a POR tie coat primer, then top coat. It doesn't like smooth surfaces as well as rough ones with "teeth" to help it grip. If prepped right it is the best way to go.

I've used POR Boys on eBay, and also these guys:

Good luck.

Comment

Thanks Barnlark,
            I plan to use it on the bottom of my car and more than likely on the inside of the top where I cant see if the blaster got all the rust off.
            So... these areas are not real critical as far as appearance, They will get covered.
            Just don't want to worry about rust where I can't see it.

Appreciate all the help!

Dean.

Comment

Sounds like you'll just need the POR 15. That's it. My floors to the firewall and trunk are all done like that. It spreads like nothing you've ever used. A little goes a long way. USE GLOVES and long sleeves; that stuff never comes off when dry and seems to get everywhere you don't want it. Mask your car's body near where you're working. Have lacquer thinner standing by just in case, for your skin. I had a black spot on the back of my ear and didn't know it for a week! It just about has to wear off. [B)]

Comment

quote:Originally posted by barnlark

I had a black spot on the back of my ear and didn't know it for a week!
                So you paint by ear? [)]

John

Comment

Not well.

Comment

Thanks for the warning,
                    I never have been one to follow directions.
                    Or for that matter even read them but this time I promise I will!
                    Also, No painting with my ear!

Not to get ahead of myself here but I'm wondering if I can use the por15 through a sprayer?
                    If so I would like to devise a way to spray the inside of the hog troughs.
                    Has anyone else here done this before?
                    When I turned my car up on it's nose today I noticed as I was chiseling off the undercoating a fair amount of dirt and rust was coming from the inside of these areas where I can't clean them.
                    I don't want to see them rust from the inside out if I can help it.

Thanks,

Dean.

Comment

I found that if you have questions not covered in the instructions a call to the POR 15 people will give you answers quickly. I used the help line several times when using the product as the instructions cannot answer all possible situations.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by dean pearson

Thanks for the warning,
                        I never have been one to follow directions.
                        Or for that matter even read them but this time I promise I will!
                        Also, No painting with my ear!

Not to get ahead of myself here but I'm wondering if I can use the por15 through a sprayer?
                        If so I would like to devise a way to spray the inside of the hog troughs.
                        Has anyone else here done this before?
                        When I turned my car up on it's nose today I noticed as I was chiseling off the undercoating a fair amount of dirt and rust was coming from the inside of these areas where I can't clean them.
                        I don't want to see them rust from the inside out if I can help it.

Thanks,

Dean.

http://www.por15.com/Data%20Sheets/n...directions.pdf

Comment

Comment

quote:Originally posted by dean pearson

Where can I buy it?
                            Dean.
                            We keep POR15 in stock.
                            Call 770 949 8942, talk to Robert.

Jerry Forrester
                            Forrester's Chrome
                            Douglasville, Georgia
                            Jerry Forrester
                            Forrester's Chrome
                            Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Thanks Jerry,
                              But I'm in California... Do you have free shipping??

Just kidding but thanks for the reply.

Dean.

Comment

Working...
                              X