Must-see non-Stude Story!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Must-see non-Stude Story!

I have to recommend a series in Hemmings' Collector Car magazine, starting with the March 07 issue! It's about the restoration of a Buick Conv.- yeah, not a Stude...

But what makes it so valuable is the process! This car was WAY beyond rough- even the trans. hump was rusted out [xx(] This car was restored to show-winning status, by a total amateur, in his own garage! Lots of pics- an amazing story!

I doubt any of us have a car anywhere near as far gone as this Buick; this story should be a real inspiration to the rest of us! [:0][^]

I highly recommend subscribing to this magazine if you enjoy other types of old cars; but even if you don't, you've just GOTTA see this series!!

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

Yes, that '55 Century Convertible project was about as bad as any of us have ever seen. Hemmings Classic Car promised a four-part series on the restoration, and it will be interesting. The initial installment was nothing short of remarkable for an amatuer to have undertaken. [:0] I wonder if anyone can document having brought back a worse Studebaker? [xx(] <G> BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Yes, that '55 Century Convertible project was about as bad as any of us have ever seen. Hemmings Classic Car promised a four-part series on the restoration, and it will be interesting. The initial installment was nothing short of remarkable for an amatuer to have undertaken. [:0] I wonder if anyone can document having brought back a worse Studebaker? [xx(] <G> BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

There is also a story in HCC or Collec.Auto's about a 1951 26R delivery van
        It was very rough when found but you should see it now; A 1st rate restoration job !
        it was custom-bodyed by a coach builder to deliver newspapers in 51 & was worked hard,if it wasn't for this restorer finding it, another unique auto would have been lost.

Comment

There is also a story in HCC or Collec.Auto's about a 1951 26R delivery van
          It was very rough when found but you should see it now; A 1st rate restoration job !
          it was custom-bodyed by a coach builder to deliver newspapers in 51 & was worked hard,if it wasn't for this restorer finding it, another unique auto would have been lost.

Comment

Rusty Studes? There's a few around here...

How about this lovely '57 Silver Hawk? Yes, the frame is actually broken in two.

Or, maybe a '60 Lark VIII ragtop is more your style. No frame or any floor left in this one. The engine (what's left of it) is sitting in the dirt.

Oh, the missing roof from the Hawk was used as a mold for the removable roof on this 454 powered drag car...

Matthew Burnette
            Hazlehurst, Georgia
            '59 Scotsman PU
            '63 Daytona HT

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

Comment

Rusty Studes? There's a few around here...

How about this lovely '57 Silver Hawk? Yes, the frame is actually broken in two.

Or, maybe a '60 Lark VIII ragtop is more your style. No frame or any floor left in this one. The engine (what's left of it) is sitting in the dirt.

Oh, the missing roof from the Hawk was used as a mold for the removable roof on this 454 powered drag car...

Matthew Burnette
              Hazlehurst, Georgia
              '59 Scotsman PU
              '63 Daytona HT

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

Comment

I'd take a shot at the Lark convertible. Doesn't look that bad [}]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

I'd take a shot at the Lark convertible. Doesn't look that bad [}]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                  1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

quote:I'd take a shot at the Lark convertible. Doesn't look that bad
                    Talk to my grandad, I'm sure he'd say come get it... [)]

Matthew Burnette
                    Hazlehurst, Georgia
                    '59 Scotsman PU
                    '63 Daytona HT

Comment

quote:I'd take a shot at the Lark convertible. Doesn't look that bad
                      Talk to my grandad, I'm sure he'd say come get it... [)]

Matthew Burnette
                      Hazlehurst, Georgia
                      '59 Scotsman PU
                      '63 Daytona HT

Comment

Good point, Robert! Inspiration to save an otherwise hopeless Stude, is a good thing. Doesn't matter where the source vehicle came from. Besides, I like old Buicks too!

Lotsa Larks!
                        K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                        Ron Smith
                        Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
                        Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                        Ron Smith
                        Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Good point, Robert! Inspiration to save an otherwise hopeless Stude, is a good thing. Doesn't matter where the source vehicle came from. Besides, I like old Buicks too!

Lotsa Larks!
                          Ron Smith
                          Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
                          Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                          Ron Smith
                          Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

quote: There is also a story in HCC or Collec.Auto's about a 1951 26R delivery van
                            I posted a thread on that truck. here it is:

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

quote: There is also a story in HCC or Collec.Auto's about a 1951 26R delivery van
                              I posted a thread on that truck. here it is:

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

Working...
                              X