Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dessert for Lunch? additional eye candy 12/12

Might not be your favorite flavor...

Looks like you would always need a co pilot to see whee your going.
    Without one damage to the right front fender is bound to happen.

Dean.

Comment

Is that the 53 that runs at Maxon?

If it wasn't for the last minute i'd never get anything done.
      101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Is speed a flavor?

Chris Pile
        Editor: The Studebaker Special
        The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Looks like someone laid a shop towel dispenser on the hood and forgot it was there![:0]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1963 Cruiser
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe
          1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

He's just trying to make everybody wanna get their hands on it and do it right.

Comment

Yes I believe that is the Maxton car.

Comment

This is the car i mentioned
                Andrew Nelson/PACC Racing Studebaker Starlight. 167mph pass at Maxton "Monster Mile" Land Speed Race. This was the car's 6th pass and the 6th record set of...

If it wasn't for the last minute i'd never get anything done.
                101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Yes, this is the Maxon car, it was featured in Hot Rod mag a few years back. The hood scoop is functional, it covers a Roots type blower. I think the owner made the hood scoop out of an old
                  Mopar hood, can't really remember. The car is true low budget, has an awesome stance, tons of power, FAST, and I want it in my garage. Nothin' like a bad boy Stude on the street!

54 Champ C5 Hamilton car. In my family since 1958.
                  sigpic
                  1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Just an honest question here - wouldn't you likely be cited for having an obstruction that large, in your field of view?[:I] Talkin' street drivin' of course.[^]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                    1963 Cruiser
                    1960 Larkvertible V8
                    1958 Provincial wagon
                    1953 Commander coupe
                    1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Actually, I think we're talking about 2 different Stude coupes on the Monster Mile. One has SBC power (on the video), and the other one has a blown BBC. The BBC one with the hood scoop was featured in Hot Rod mag as a rat-rod along with two other ratty cars, one a shoe-box Chevy and I think the other one was a Caprice, but I really can't remember and I'm too lazy to go through my old magazines to verify...plus I have to shovel snow again, ands it's -24C (sigh)... could be worse, my brother is in -38C weather right now!

sigpic
                      1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Actually, I think we're talking about 2 different Stude coupes on the Monster Mile. One has SBC power (on the video), and the other one has a blown BBC. The BBC one with the hood scoop was featured in Hot Rod mag as a rat-rod along with two other ratty cars, one a shoe-box Chevy and I think the other one was a Caprice, but I really can't remember and I'm too lazy to go through my old magazines to verify...plus I have to shovel snow again, ands it's -24C (sigh)... could be worse, my brother is in -38C weather right now!

sigpic
                        1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by ChampTrucking

Might not be your favorite flavor...

Maybe if he would have sprayed some sort of red oxide primer on that thing he calls a hood scoop it might not be such an eyesore on an otherwise cool car. VISIBILTY[?][:0]

Tom

sigpic

Comment

Oh, I get it. A land speed bread box on a land speed car!

Comment

Junior nailed it, it was in HOTROD a few year back. It along with a deuce or A coupe I can't recall and a '56 chevy wagon. The blower cover is and old dodge hood. Same issue has coverage on old shine runnin' cars with Junior Johnson.

Jon Krimm
                              1962 Lark Sedan

1961 Champ

Comment

Working...
                              X