David King

1964 Studebaker Commander
    1958 Cadillac Eldorado Brougham (615)
    1959 Cadillac Eldorado Brougham (56)
    1960 Cadillac Eldorado Brougham (83)
    1966 Pontiac GTO convertible

SDC Member#: A011937K

Comment

This thread is amazing, Dang you MB you beat me to the offer plus I had no idea you were that young.
      I'm an old crusty dude of 47 and just love seeing all the young interest in these cars.
      Atomicrm, those pics posted by Craig look pretty cool to me, my first ride was a 64 El Camino when I was way too young to legally drive it and compared to that you have really scored here.
      It has a big back seat... Plenty of room to haul your friends around that don't have a car yet!
      For sure join the club and when you get ready for a different car be sure to keep that one.

Dean.

Comment

Anyone know if the redish color shown on car above is a facory color? Anywhere I can find the colors that these cars would hve came off the line
        in? Want to try and paint it a factory color

Comment

Welcome to Studebaker world and if you really like the 54 4 door Iam sure you will be seeing others on the forum you will also like and fall in love with just like every one has, you know they built the best looking cars ever and now we all own them, we are the lucky ones, good luck and have fun, also parts are no real problem to come by to keep it running. here is a picture of my grandson and his 64 super hawk he is 14 and has been a member for 8 years time sure does fly by when your having fun...Bob

Bob Peterson / C & B Studebakers

Castro Valley, CA
          canbstudebakers-
          Candbstudebakers
          Castro Valley,
          California

Comment

It's worth the membership fee just to get the SDC publication "Turning Wheels". If you haven't seen that magazine yet, you're in for a treat.

I would also echo the advice for good seatbelts. Getting your driver's licence only begins the learning process. It's an old car and has no built in safety features. You won't spoil the value of the car with such upgrades.

Jon Stalnaker
            Editor, Hawk Talks
            Karel Staple Chapter SDC
            Jon Stalnaker
            Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Working...
            X