Another new member here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another new member here

Hi all, My name is Rod Studebaker. I am here for help and support my dad won't stop buying Studebakers. His first was a 52 pickup then a 40's coupe after that a gt hawk now a daytona. I'm not sure of the year. He told me the other night that the pickup was mine. So I am gonna start building it to my liking. I painted it for him abot 10 years ago. From what I can remeber there was a lot of bondow in the back of the front fenders. So I'm gonna need to fix that or replace them. I need some good sources for body parts. This is the truck.

Hey RDBRK, welcome to the source. The gurus reside here, but I'm not one of them. Welcome friend. Kevin missing his Stoogebaker

1963 Champ

Comment

Hey RDBRK, welcome to the source. The gurus reside here, but I'm not one of them. Welcome friend. Kevin missing his Stoogebaker

1963 Champ

Comment

Sharp truck, Rod! Welcome aboard. Good front fenders (rust-free) are gonna be TOUGH to find. Rear ones are now being made in fibreglass, but no glass front ones that I know of. There was a place making some front ones out of glass, but they were made longer than stock to accomodate a frame clip and bigger engine. May not even be available any more. I haven't looked at that site in some time now. Either way, we'll help you however we can.

Miscreant adrift in
        the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Sharp truck, Rod! Welcome aboard. Good front fenders (rust-free) are gonna be TOUGH to find. Rear ones are now being made in fibreglass, but no glass front ones that I know of. There was a place making some front ones out of glass, but they were made longer than stock to accomodate a frame clip and bigger engine. May not even be available any more. I haven't looked at that site in some time now. Either way, we'll help you however we can.

Miscreant adrift in
          the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

You might want to call Classic Enterprises. The specialize in repair parts. Not that they would have the whole fender, but they would have repair strips, like for the heels, for instance, cab corners, etc...

Classic Enterprises
            Welcome to Classic Enterprises where we manufacture restoration car and truck parts for the Studebaker Avanti, Coupe, Hawk, Lark, pre-Lark post-war Sedan, C-cab pickup and T-cab pickup; also Jeep, Willys and the Ford Fairlane 500 retractable and convertible. Visit us at http://www.classicent.com. Reproductions are of the same gauge steel as the original in most applications, or a heavier gauge wherever the original component was too light for its application.

Box 92
            Barron WI 54812
            (715)537-5422 or (715)234-4677
            fax: (715) 537-5770

Lotsa Larks!
            K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
            Ron Smith
            Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
            Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
            Ron Smith
            Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

You might want to call Classic Enterprises. The specialize in repair parts. Not that they would have the whole fender, but they would have repair strips, like for the heels, for instance, cab corners, etc...

Classic Enterprises
              Welcome to Classic Enterprises where we manufacture restoration car and truck parts for the Studebaker Avanti, Coupe, Hawk, Lark, pre-Lark post-war Sedan, C-cab pickup and T-cab pickup; also Jeep, Willys and the Ford Fairlane 500 retractable and convertible. Visit us at http://www.classicent.com. Reproductions are of the same gauge steel as the original in most applications, or a heavier gauge wherever the original component was too light for its application.

Box 92
              Barron WI 54812
              (715)537-5422 or (715)234-4677
              fax: (715) 537-5770

Lotsa Larks!
              Ron Smith
              Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
              Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
              Ron Smith
              Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Welcome to the asylum, er, club. You're sort of locked in what with your surname. A great name at that.
                Your truck looks pretty good. Yes, Classic Enterprises is a good choice for metal parts. I would also try Sasco in South Bend. They sometimes have body parts that aren't listed in their catalog.
                I would also suggest that you go, if possible, to the York swap meet in the beginning of March. I'll bet you'll find some stuff you need.
                Again, welcome!
                Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                Smithtown,NY
                Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Welcome to the asylum, er, club. You're sort of locked in what with your surname. A great name at that.
                  Your truck looks pretty good. Yes, Classic Enterprises is a good choice for metal parts. I would also try Sasco in South Bend. They sometimes have body parts that aren't listed in their catalog.
                  I would also suggest that you go, if possible, to the York swap meet in the beginning of March. I'll bet you'll find some stuff you need.
                  Again, welcome!
                  Rog

Smithtown,NY
                  Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Welcome, Rod.

Classic Enterprises make a patch panel for the rear of the front fender 3" wide.

Here's the link to their Studebaker truck products:

Brad Johnson
                    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                    33 Rockne 10
                    51 commander Starlight
                    53 Commander Starlight
                    Brad Johnson,
                    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Welcome, Rod.

Classic Enterprises make a patch panel for the rear of the front fender 3" wide.

Here's the link to their Studebaker truck products:

Brad Johnson
                      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                      33 Rockne 10
                      51 commander Starlight
                      53 Commander Starlight
                      Brad Johnson,
                      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Thanks guys, I downloaded Classic Enterprises Studebaker catalog. I will get the body parts there.

Rod

Comment

Thanks guys, I downloaded Classic Enterprises Studebaker catalog. I will get the body parts there.

Rod

Comment

Working...
                          X