41 commander

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 41 commander

Hi Everyone, I have a two tone Green '41 Commander, which is sitting in my leaky lock up here in West London.
    Recently the guy who originally imported her from Atlanta to the UK [ some 20 odd years ago] contacted me and told me something whish I thought was quite astonishing.
    He said the guy he bought it from told him that this was the second trip to the UK, the first being during the war.
    I am a sceptical person in general, and I would have thought it would have been left here, as were hundreds of other vehicles, however I would love it to be true. I have the build certificate but it doesnt have the first owner, which I suppose would be the US army. Apparently this was one of a consignment of 33, and it came with a beige interior, so no expensive triple green seats for the Captain!

Is there anyone out there who can help me find the proof that it was or was not in the UK during the war? Or does anyone have any way of finding this out?

Regards

Paul

quote:Originally posted by Brizzleblue
    Is there anyone out there who can help me find the proof that it was or was not in the UK during the war? Or does anyone have any way of finding this out?
    Did you try your local DVLA?

Craig

Comment

Thanks Craig, I hadn't thought of that one!!!

Paul

Comment

Working...
      X